Akron Alehouse

thanks for the scoop all/////with the baby coming a week early, no theater for me Monday!

At least you'll have something to toss into the air come finals.

I'm thinking after Cadets finish that last show in August, many babies will be tossed in the air. :cool:

• Like 2

Cavies??? What's going on!? :( they owned early season last year.......

Something tells me Cavies will be just fine.

• Like 1

Can't wait till Monday!

Love all the GREAT comments on cadets.

I guess I should be expecting more from Bluecoats

Cavies??? What's going on!? :( they owned early season last year.......

From my understanding The Cavaliers are doing somethings differently this season. Knowing this I didn't expect them to come out of the gate at the start of the season too strong... if anything they might get stronger as the season progresses. But I haven't seen the show yet, so I have no idea what to expect. Could this be like 2010 again? who knows, if we had a time machine we could find out haha.

Was it a "full show" or was it missing movements?

Cavies were missing an ending. They all kind of bunched up at the end and came to the sideline and played as loud as they could. I think there will be a little more drill at some point. :cool:

+++

Not that it matters, but Cadets were also missing an ending. ;)

Edited by wvu80

After reading my earlier response, I am sorry. My attempt at a joke went way too far and what I was trying to say just came across as very harsh and pointed.

SMF, you are completely entitled to your opinion. If I disagree with you, that is my deal not yours. You should feel free to say what you want on this forum. All I was trying to do was poke a little fun at what you said. Obviously I disagree with what you said but I said it in a completely inappropriate way. Again, I apologize to you, SMF, and to everyone for sending the wrong message to what should be a completely open forum.

• Like 7

Question.... there are field judges?

There were two. They were invisible on the field. Seriously, all I saw was the corps, with just minor exceptions the last two corps.

Good job judges, now keep improving (on being not seen) just like the corps. I give you a solid 9 tonight. :thumbup:

Jeff, congrats on the newborn on the way!

And to all the Cavalier fans, don't worry. Who knows how they really finished tonight. It's not like they are any dirtier than the others. The music is a little odd, at least on first viewing, and they lacked in GE; but I remember seeing them early in 2010 and I thought "this show doesn't have it." Then I saw them again in July and said "holy cow, this could be really good." Then at DCI Finals they took Silver. They have the staff to make this work, and they have always been a group that adds layers and layers to the show. I have a feeling they have some suprises in store for the fans.

• Like 3

Jeff, congrats on the newborn on the way!

And to all the Cavalier fans, don't worry. Who knows how they really finished tonight. It's not like they are any dirtier than the others. The music is a little odd, at least on first viewing, and they lacked in GE; but I remember seeing them early in 2010 and I thought "this show doesn't have it." Then I saw them again in July and said "holy cow, this could be really good." Then at DCI Finals they took Silver. They have the staff to make this work, and they have always been a group that adds layers and layers to the show. I have a feeling they have some suprises in store for the fans.

My thoughts exactly, and honestly its what I was planning on for some odd reason. Actually, I would rather have them (or any corps like The Cadets last year... remember folks? :tongue: )start a little slow then have a surge later on in the season like The Cavaliers had in 2010.