Akron Alehouse

If only it was that. My iPhone battery gave out during Bloo's performance. I had to wait until I got to the car before I could charge enough to post and, by then, I was driving (don't post and drive, people). I did get my Bloo posts up after I got home and my plan is to write up a full review on my website later tonight, just in time to prep everybody for the cinecast.

Did you know they make a charger that keeps your phone charged "mobilely?" (If that's a word lol)

Did you know they make a charger that keeps your phone charged "mobilely?" (If that's a word lol)

Did you know I left it at home? :P

Seriously, my phone was at 95% when I parked the car. I figured no video recording last night would mean the battery would last.

Time for me to go to ifixit.com and buy a replacement battery for my iPhone 4. :D

Did you know I left it at home? :P

Seriously, my phone was at 95% when I parked the car. I figured no video recording last night would mean the battery would last.

Time for me to go to ifixit.com and buy a replacement battery for my iPhone 4. :D

YOU CAN'T ANSWER A QUESTION WITH A QUESTION!!!! :tongue:

I can't wait for the next version of the iPhone to come out, and more importantly, the new software.

Well clearly I wasn't the only one who saw it since someone just posted about it as well. And the group behind me also saw it. Lol I'm never giving a review about my blue stars again, good or bad. I've taken so much heat for this. Oh well if nothing else, hopefully they channel their aggression towards me and get out there on the practice field and kick some ###.

The year was 2007. We were performing the pony show at Giants Stadium. The hashes were not well done, so a section of the corps set up their opening set from the wrong hash. Long story short, the bass drums come charging back field as my semi-circle form is moving front field. Instead of sliding by each other, the bass drums bash into the guy in front of me. Instinct kicks in, I extend my arm, push him back the other direction, and off we went.

One of my favorite performances, considering that happened in the first 30 seconds. I was trying not to laugh going into the opening hit.

Long story short, I imagine that it looked similar to the Blue Stars' situation.

Edited by CrownLeadSop
  • Like 2

Long story short, the bass drums come charging back field as my semi-circle form is moving front field. Instead of sliding by each other, the bass drums bash into the guy in front of me. Instinct kicks in, I extend my arm, push him back the other direction, and off we went.

You, a mere lead trumpet, took on a bass drummer on the field of battle? :blink:

Be thankful he let you live. :cool:

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

You, a mere lead trumpet, took on a bass drummer on the field of battle? :blink:

Be thankful he let you live. :cool:

Nah, the other trumpet player got hit and came flying at me. I extend my arm to push him forward and away from my face, he jumped back in the form and off we went. :)

thankfully this was only rehearsal, but in 2006 the baritones were going backwards at an angle and the drums were coming forward at an angle, and we were lining up the counts and subset dots where the pass would happen, so the instructions were "run the set and stop on count 10"... I stop on count 10, and where count 12 would've been (less than 1 second later), I get plowed into by a bass drum, lol (lol now... there was no lol-ing then, heh)

The rest of the story:

Request to Hoppy: The ballad "Do you hear what I hear" at one point is played to the left side end zone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn your corps around and play that luscious sound to the audience. All that great sound is lost to us by playing only to the DM in the end zone. I GUARANTEE you'll get a standing O everytime if you turn your guys around. I'm not wrong about this.

There were isosceles triangles made into 5 large blocks in the left endzone which were brought in by volunteers, not corps members. They weren't used tonight, but you can see there are stars to be made sometime in the future.[/color] :cool:

WVU80- the reason the corps is playing to the end zone is to bring focus to the guard who are sliding down the "isosceles triangles". They most definitely were used for most of the ballad as different guard members took turns sliding down them.

Well clearly I wasn't the only one who saw it since someone just posted about it as well. And the group behind me also saw it. Lol I'm never giving a review about my blue stars again, good or bad. I've taken so much heat for this. Oh well if nothing else, hopefully they channel their aggression towards me and get out there on the practice field and kick some ###.

I saw the same thing! To me it looked like a push to the right spot to get him back into formation. I think they were trying to be more helpful than anything else.