2012 Rankings

So the question becomes do they ever catch up to the book.

They absolutely will. The book isn't written beyond the capabilities of the performers at all. It's some seriously smart writing, being challenging, but not hard for the sake of hard. I have no reason to expect that it won't be maxed out, at least to the extent of book = performer. Cabs may have the highest ceiling in the 2-6 block, with maybe only C2 having more potential (but will have a much harder time realizing it).

Cabs will likely be down to Bucs by 4 or 5 if the judges are straight up about things, though the gap will likely close as Reading approaches the scoring cap.

They absolutely will. The book isn't written beyond the capabilities of the performers at all. It's some seriously smart writing, being challenging, but not hard for the sake of hard. I have no reason to expect that it won't be maxed out, at least to the extent of book = performer. Cabs may have the highest ceiling in the 2-6 block, with maybe only C2 having more potential (but will have a much harder time realizing it).

Cabs will likely be down to Bucs by 4 or 5 if the judges are straight up about things, though the gap will likely close as Reading approaches the scoring cap.

that's an interesting observation. sounds like you know what your talking about. i can definatly agree without of course not seeing them in person.

Open Class:

1 - 90.40 - Buccaneers - 7/28 Robbinsville NJ (+3.05 7/21)

2 - 87.50 - Minnesota Brass - 8/4 Naperville IL (+8.80 6/30)

3 - 87.05 - Caballeros - 8/4 Kingston NY (+4.00 7/21)

4 - 85.35 - Empire Statesmen - 8/4 Kingston NY (+0.40 7/28)

5 - 85.05 - Hurricanes - 8/4 Kingston NY (+0.20 7/28)

6 - 80.90(.4) - Cadets² - 7/28 Hornell NY (+5.60 7/21)

7 - 80.80 - Fusion Core - 8/4 Kingston NY (+1.10 7/28)

8 - 76.70* - Tampa Bay Thunder - 8/4 Bradenton, FL

9 - 76.50 - Kilties - 8/4 Naperville IL

10 - 75.73* - Atlanta CV - 7/28 Atlanta GA (-0.12 7/21)

11 - 73.90** - Kidsgrove Scouts - 7/15 Stoke UK (+4.10** 7/1)

12 - 72.05* - Renegades - 7/15 Bellflower CA (+0.25 7/14)

13 - 69.60 - Bushwackers - 8/4 Kingston NY (-0.15 7/21)

Class A:

1 - 76.85 - Govenaires - 8/4 Naperville IL (+4.45 7/14*)

2 - 76.80 - Carolina Gold - 7/28 Robbinsville NJ (+9.20 7/7)

3 - 74.10 - Windsor Regiment - 7/28 Robbinsville NJ (+4.75 7/14)

4 - 70.25 - White Sabers - 8/4 Kingston NY (+2.20 7/28)

5 - 65.85 - Sunrisers - 7/28 Robbinsville NJ (+0.40 7/21)

6 - 62.25 - Cincinnati Tradition - 8/4 Naperville IL (-3.95 6/27*)

7 - 60.85* - SoCal Dream*** - 7/15 Bellflower CA (-1.75* 7/14)

8 - 59.20 - Shenandoah Sound - 7/21 Downington PA (+3.05 7/7)

9 - 56.20 - Excelsior - 8/4 Kingston NY

KEY:

Rank - Latest Score - Date and Location of Latest Score (Change from, and date of previous score)

* DCI (or other) show on DCA sheets

** DCUK or DCE show and sheets

*** SoCal Dream is fielding a competitive show, but will not be making the trip to DCA Championships.

All reports I have heard say that CV is better this year. What will be interesting is the outcome of the CV home show. I am guessing that Renegades and Kidsgrove are going to make it... that probably means that at least one southern corps might be out... or the Kilties. Everyone else seems to be sitting comfortably in Finals.

I think Tampa and CV are wild cards because they have not had a DCA number in a good while.

that's an interesting observation. sounds like you know what your talking about. i can definatly agree without of course not seeing them in person.

just use video

Hey, everyone's entitled to their opinion. IMO Reading is just much to strong this time around. And this is not a knock on anyone else. Cabs are looking better than they have in recent years and look to have their program moving foward. MBI has a nice program this year, with Empire and Hurcs looking strong as well. And if C2 can have a productive August folks may be looking at the best quality field, top to bottom, that this circuit has seen. However, this being said, Bucs have the opportunity to be something VERY special this year. IMO, the best designed program I have EVER seen!

Let's not forget that CV is having its best year ever (to support your top-to-bottom quality statement), but we don't mind arriving in Annapolis quietly...

just use video

i do. but i'm not as good as ed. i can't judge a show from a video.

• Like 1

i do. but i'm not as good as ed. i can't judge a show from a video.

come on, anyone can do it! if the video leaves you unsure, just use historical scores!

:tongue:

come on, anyone can do it! if the video leaves you unsure, just use historical scores!

:tongue:

oh yeah. i can do that. i'll try it. never thought of it. i need ed's number so he can instruct me on the right technique. smile.gif

He says he has a system...... :blink: Yet the way he was referencing it I can't see how this season has been 'predictable' in the same nature. But that's just me of course..... :ph34r: