George Hopkins

2308037e5a05f18b8z.jpg

George dreams of the day this becomes legal

Remember to always have safe sax.

You make an invalid comparison. The Blue Devils with saxes would still be the Blue Devils, not a HS marching band. The Cadets with WW would still be the Cadets. They are not becoming a scholastic marching band with the rotating cast of parents like a marching band has.

That is the fallacy of that type of argument in general. A world class ensemble that adds WW, strings, etc...would still be that world class ensemble.

wrong. die hards will not want to see BD with saxes. Diehards will not want to see Cadets with oboes.

it can be galactic class, and many, many die hard drum corps fans won't be there to hear the Mission played on an oboe. Moms and dads aren't the largest part of DCI's paying audience at the shows DCI makes the most money off of.....regionals and finals.

And you know the reduced ticket sales was due to WW in particular exactly how?

well, reading here and the old place, the announcement of the additional woodwinds wentover like a loud wet fart in church right during the Lords Prayer

• Like 1

You make an invalid comparison. The Blue Devils with saxes would still be the Blue Devils, not a HS marching band. The Cadets with WW would still be the Cadets. They are not becoming a scholastic marching band with the rotating cast of parents like a marching band has.

That is the fallacy of that type of argument in general. A world class ensemble that adds WW, strings, etc...would still be that world class ensemble.

Being world class is irrelevant. Being something people want to see is. I would not want to see Devils with saxaphones.

• Like 1

Again...not the point. You have said if something is legal then all corps 'have' to use it...not true. there is very little narration and singing on the field.

right....because as I said before, and I'll say it slower for you:

they

changed

the

rule

so

now

they

can

do

it

another

way

because

its

easier

and

more

reliable

even

if

out

of

balance

wrong. die hards will not want to see BD with saxes. Diehards will not want to see Cadets with oboes.

it can be galactic class, and many, many die hard drum corps fans won't be there to hear the Mission played on an oboe. Moms and dads aren't the largest part of DCI's paying audience at the shows DCI makes the most money off of.....regionals and finals.

YOU are trying to somehow turn a WC drum corps with WW into a HS marching band, and the comparison is just not valid.

YOU are trying to somehow turn a WC drum corps with WW into a HS marching band, and the comparison is just not valid.

Mike, honestly, you're probably the only guy here who can't see that the comparison is valid.

• Like 1

Being world class is irrelevant. Being something people want to see is. I would not want to see Devils with saxaphones.

Then you are in luck right now...and for the forseeable future. The powers-that-be will only pass something like that if they think they have to...there is no real support for WW in the instructors or corps admins. I think they should create a division with no limits on size or instrumentation, but that is just MHO. I also think DCI will someday...but it is a long way away. Until then, I just enjoy what I see and hear today, which is the best it has ever been, again, IMO.

Mike, honestly, you're probably the only guy here who can't see that the comparison is valid.

No, it is not. You really think adding a sax section equal in skills to the current instrumental makeup of the Blue Devils turns them into a HS marching band? Sorry, they would still be the Blue Devils in show design and performance ability.

well, reading here and the old place, the announcement of the additional woodwinds wentover like a loud wet fart in church right during the Lords Prayer

You really think DCP and RAMD has any impact at all on ticket sales for Blast I or II? Hardly.