Jersey Surf 2012 Bridgemania

What a great show. Great music, great design, great drill, so much fun. I could easily see this beating Troopers by the end of the season, and nipping on the heals of Pacific Crest and Colts. I have to admit the last few seasons I haven't enjoyed Surf as well as some years in the past. But I think this year they have topped my previous favorite Surf show, 2000, and the Reincarmination show(I think that was the name, didn't take time to corpsrep it). I can't wait to see this show come finals week. From the sound on Fannetwork, it seemed like they were definitely in the to 5 in crowd appreciation, and deservedly so.

Thank you Jersey Surf.

Agreed. Unfortunately, they're only allowed to perform once a day. I think they should have a pseudonym and come back in exhibition as a tribute corps to the 2012 Jersey Surf "Bridgemania" show.

How about inviting the Jersey Surf 2012 Alumni Corps (which will be formed the morning of August 11, 2012, consist of the entire Jersey Surf 2012 membership, and exist for a single performance) to perform as the special guest corps before the retreat? :thumbup:

Guardling, below, yes that is what I'm saying!

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

If anyone has watched the vid from 2 weeks ago .. then watched FN last night ..... this corps improved 1000% (my accurate guestimation) over those 14 days. I mean .... really improving fast. Now that they are in full tour mode ... watch out.

If anyone has watched the vid from 2 weeks ago .. then watched FN last night ..... this corps improved 1000% (my accurate guestimation) over those 14 days. I mean .... really improving fast. Now that they are in full tour mode ... watch out.

I couldn't believe how improved they were either since I saw them live 2 weeks ago. I haven't enjoyed a corps with this much fun factor since VK 92. Just on sheer entertainment value alone I give this corps FIRST PLACE in my book.

• Like 2

Jersey Surf really figured it out this year - they have a fun show that people want to watch and are talking about!

But here's my question...what happens next year? Is the "Bridgemen" type show a one year thing only? Will they continue along this path?

I love what they are doing this year, and the hype around it, but I'm not sure I understand where they go after this???

Later,

Mike

Jersey Surf really figured it out this year - they have a fun show that people want to watch and are talking about!

But here's my question...what happens next year? Is the "Bridgemen" type show a one year thing only? Will they continue along this path?

I love what they are doing this year, and the hype around it, but I'm not sure I understand where they go after this???

Later,

Mike

very good question,,ive wondered this myself.....a tribute doesnt go on for years

Later,

Mike

seems like surf has been on this path since day one if the corps. They, like VK in their heyday, have no problem adapting their shows year to year. Now that they have the crowd....they'll have to keep growing in order to keep them

• Like 1