Inside BD 360 trailer

True enough. But, of course, when a no-time champion froths at the mouth over the possibility of winning, versus when a perennial champion does it, it's not quite the same thing. It's not as cute when you seem entitled.

To be honest, though, the most annoying thing about the video to me is that it's so... dramatic. And generally the dramatic parts are also the cocky parts. I suspect that this video is about as honest to the corp's actual sentiment as a reality show is to the true sentiments of its contestants. That's television, for you. And that's maybe why this is such a misfire.

I kinda just wanted this series to show me a bunch of cool rehearsal footage... Save the dramatic voiceovers for Animal Planet and Morgan Freeman.

MMMMMMM froth. I feel like a cappucino now.

Given the level of outrage, are those who are slamming this video aware of ( and have they watched) the remainder of the full 8:40 minutes? What has been posted here is just the opening minute, taken out of its full context, of what is actually a rather well done fiirst episode of a much larger (and certainly more humble) presentation about BD's commitment to regaining their position as world champions?

The full episode talks about the challenges and effort it will take this season, the challenge of having a large number of rookies, the challenge of veterans needing to assume leadership roles, the need for the organization to take stock of its own shortcomings, etc. Dramatic? Hell yes. Arrogance with no sense of humility? Not by a long shot. The feelng one is left with after viewing the FULL first episode is that this is a group of young people who are motivated, committed, and willing to work hard to regain championship status.

My reaction to the many negative comments posted here, is that they are similar to when people pan a movie,, and the actors, based on the thirty second trailer they caught during a commercial break between shows on TV. What you think you saw may not be what is actually there in reality.

[edited for typo]

Edited by Photographer Jim
  • Like 6

I will never forget how BD treated PR on the field at retreats "back in the day". You had to see it to believe it. This has been their culture for decades. While I am not surprised, it is embarrasing. Maybe they are just slightly worried about PR's arrival soon and are 'working" that angle as a scare tactic. Whatever. Let's battle it out on the field and see who gets the longest standing ovation.....every time. ;)

• Like 6

This is nothing... when I marched, they used to scream out all the numbers of the years that they had won, and then scream out the current year. In July.

This made winning, which is painfully arbitrary, much more fun.

LOOK AT US! WE ARE GOOD AT MARCHING BAND!

• Like 2

the main difference is that Crown didn't put out a video about how they are going to win

Perhaps Crown needs to win a handful of Championships,(or 1 maybe?), before they will be more comfortable with being public with their competitive philosophies. Perhaps if they do, their competitive philosophies will change a little? I have seen the attitude of the corps staff, members, and fans change just because they have beaten some of the big boys during the season the last few years. Success tends to build confidence, arrogance, and expectations.

I don't really have a problem with the idea that BD wants to win. Come out and kick ### on the field. Don't make a video about it.

I do agree that the video was kinda over the top, and certainly the revelation that there were 8 more minutes to this segment that expound on their philosophies makes it seem much more BD like to me. I guess I just kinda find it refreshing that BD has the ***** to publicly admit being somewhat disappointed with 2nd. I am sure they will come out and kick ### on the field. Can't think of a rehearsal block, practice run, or performance over the last 12+ years that I have seen when they didn't bring all they had. That is whether they were ahead, or behind, winning or losing.

• Like 2

Maybe they are just slightly worried about PR's arrival soon and are 'working" that angle as a scare tactic. Whatever. Let's battle it out on the field and see who gets the longest standing ovation.....every time. ;)

I am positive that everyone in the BD organization is thrilled to have PR and BAC on the West Coast. I don't think they are worrying about scaring them. PR will bring all they have, I'm also sure of that.

• Like 2

Then perhaps they should've chosen a different section for the trailer. Lots of people decide whether or not to pay to see a movie based on the trailer... if the trailer isn't accurate, that isn't the audience's fault.

True to an extent, They might have chosen something other than the first half minute intro of the episode to post ( coulda, shoulda). Certainly the original series trailer posted last month gave an entirely different first impression.

However, it still needs pointing out that the plethora of negative reaction epressed here, is still based on viewings of a short clip taken out of its context, and drawing conclusions and passing judgements based on that out of context viewing, without seeing the full production, comes across much more as unfounded ranting than it does insightful criticism. That is the more the responsibility of the posters, not BD.