Inside BD 360 trailer

Unlike so many others here, I don't find myself angry over this video - More so I find myself disappointed in it.

I have come to expect more out of the BD organization than that. I expect BD to be the Magic Johnson of the activity, not the Terrell Owens.

Man I totally agree with you. I am ashamed of this and i let them know it too!

Did their 2nd place finish hurt their recruitment talent that much this year that they needed to put out this "Just a reminder... we're still the ####" video?

I doubt it.

Which makes it just a video by the Blue Devils about how awesome the Blue Devils usually are....

Let your record speak for itself. You cheapen when you feel the need to preach about it.

• Like 2

Well, the narrator does say that "since 2007" they have "109 wins, 27 losses, and 3 world championships".

However, the narrator neglected to say that they only had 9 wins compared to 21 losses in 2012. So they shouldn't have been so shocked when the lost in the end.

• Like 1

BD has ALWAYS exuded a cocky attitude. That is part of what makes them BD. Most of the time they have enough show to back it up on the field. I really don't believe it when a loser claims that it's not about the competition. The lessons the activity can teach are about how you handle both winning and losing, whether it's for a gold medal, the battle for top 12, or just trying to move up from 25 to 23. Until you finish the season first, you are ALWAYS trying to work hard to improve your position, always trying to be the best you can be. They are trying to say that they are handling second place by working even harder to get back to first, and the organization and alumni EXPECT a Championship contender every year. Easy to hate that if you are rooting for others who pretend the placements don't matter, unless you REALLY don't care about winning. The stuff that sounds good...like "we want to provide a positive experience for the kids", and "we just want to entertain the crowd", etc, is really a given for EVERY corps out there. The desire to beat the corps ahead of you is REAL for most of the marching members all summer long. BD has ALWAYS had the "in your face" attitude, and if that fires up the competition, I am sure they would say "bring it on!" As stated earlier by a Cadets parent, that just makes winning a Championship that much more rewarding.

Not speaking of the organizations, or all of their fans, but I haven't seen any of the DCP Crown honks posting that they are just happy Crown has an entertaining show that the kids will enjoy performing. Right now for them it's all about "this is the year we can win" stuff. Is that really any different? And how about all the sky is falling stuff for Cavies right now. Nobody there seems too content with the old "it's not about the winning" stuff.

Too much reality is just hard for some to handle I guess.

the main difference is that Crown didn't put out a video about how they are going to win

BD always has the most talent and one of the top 3 staffs... it's not like their high placements are surprising in any way.

I don't really have a problem with the idea that BD wants to win. Come out and kick ### on the field. Don't make a video about it.

• Like 2

...BD has ALWAYS had the "in your face" attitude, and if that fires up the competition, I am sure they would say "bring it on!" As stated earlier by a Cadets parent, that just makes winning a Championship that much more rewarding.

Not speaking of the organizations, or all of their fans, but I haven't seen any of the DCP Crown honks posting that they are just happy Crown has an entertaining show that the kids will enjoy performing. Right now for them it's all about "this is the year we can win" stuff. Is that really any different? And how about all the sky is falling stuff for Cavies right now. Nobody there seems too content with the old "it's not about the winning" stuff.

Too much reality is just hard for some to handle I guess.

True enough. But, of course, when a no-time champion froths at the mouth over the possibility of winning, versus when a perennial champion does it, it's not quite the same thing. It's not as cute when you seem entitled.

To be honest, though, the most annoying thing about the video to me is that it's so... dramatic. And generally the dramatic parts are also the cocky parts. I suspect that this video is about as honest to the corp's actual sentiment as a reality show is to the true sentiments of its contestants. That's television, for you. And that's maybe why this is such a misfire.

I kinda just wanted this series to show me a bunch of cool rehearsal footage... Save the dramatic voiceovers for Animal Planet and Morgan Freeman.

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3