Inside BD 360 trailer

However, it still needs pointing out that the plethora of negative reaction epressed here, is still based on viewings of a short clip taken out of its context, and drawing conclusions and passing judgements based on that out of context viewing, without seeing the full production, comes across much more as unfounded ranting than it does insightful criticism. That is the more the responsibility of the posters, not BD.

Exactly how was it "taken out of context" ?

This was posted by the Blue Devils on their official youtube account right? So it's what they chose to present. I'm not sure how it could have possibly been taken "out of context" since this is all they've chosen to publish. If the clip presented a misleading view of the entire presentation, that's no ones fault but the poster of the content.

If you publish a clip of your content that doesn't accurately reflect the full content, there's no one to blame but yourself.

Based on the reactions here (many posts by reputable DCP posters) I'd say BD well and truly stepped in it.

Personally I find the whole thing (the clip and the reaction) pretty #### funny :-)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

Well, if we're talking about listing of accomplishments, the narrator forgot to add "and 100's of posts on DCP every year from people expressing how much they don't like BD's shows!"

edited to give it more accuracy.

however the video has been removed, so I didnt get to see it

Not really. Being booed at FInals, and being golf-clapped for three years doesn't seem to have done much for the ole' egos.

nor having the smallets audience I can ever remember for a victory concert

• Like 2

Exactly how was it "taken out of context" ?

This was posted by the Blue Devils on their official youtube account right? So it's what they chose to present. I'm not sure how it could have possibly been taken "out of context" since this is all they've chosen to publish. If the clip presented a misleading view of the entire presentation, that's no ones fault but the poster of the content.

If you publish a clip of your content that doesn't accurately reflect the full content, there's no one to blame but yourself.

Based on the reactions here (many posts by reputable DCP posters) I'd say BD well and truly stepped in it.

Personally I find the whole thing (the clip and the reaction) pretty #### funny :-)

I do understand your point, really. My reason for saying the clip is being taken out of context is that the previous trailer that came before and the 8 minutes of video that follow, when taken as a whole might cause one to interpret THIS 30 second trailer differently.

I understand that BD could have selected a different 30 seconds for the promo. But, given that this was the first 30 second lead in to the first full episode of the series, I also understand their logic in using it. I can't speak for them, of course, but I have to assume they thought that would be a good way to promote the video for those who were interested in following the video series this season. They may not have thought much about the reaction of those who were not interested or inclined to view the complete episode. And in that sense, they may have indeed "stepped in it".

My motivation in my previous posts was solely to point out that the highly negative responses were based on having seen only a small part of the overall presentation, and that those making the negative statements might wish to rethink their reaction knowing there was another 8 minutes of video, or possiblly choose to go view the full video before they continued with their comments.

Personally, when I first viewed the clip my reaction was, "Whoa, BD. A bit over the top I think". However when I viewed the complete video episode I saw that, although somewhat dramatic, it fit well with the overall content (and certainly came over in a much more positive light).

Going forward, my hope is that people will choose to check out the entire video before deciding that this is "evidence" of BD's arrogance or self-grandizing attitude.

• Like 1

I didnt get a chance to see it. Was this an official BD video or just an alumni or fan putting it out there?

I didnt get a chance to see it. Was this an official BD video or just an alumni or fan putting it out there?

It was the intro to the first episode of Inside BD 360, a video series they are posting on their MediaBox, which documents the corps' experience during the current season.

OK, BD put out a 30 second clip that was NOT taken the way they intended. BD as an organization has shown so much class and professionalism over the years, that they have earned a mulligan from me (a do-over for you non-golf fans) if they took a swing and missed the fairway into the tall grass.

Perhaps some younger staff members put out a trailer that the older folks should have caught before it went to air, and if they did, I find that a forgivable offense. It goes in the category of "oops" and "don't do that again,"

Even the great ones make a mistake now and again.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2