How weak is the Cavies Show?

Saw the show in Akron opening day. They did not convey the theme as well as I had hoped. I hope they have a lot of those cheap sunglasses to go around because i saw many fall off the guard during performance. I am really following their scores through out the season to see if they can manage to fix what they are doing wrong. But I will not be surprised to see this weak show not medal . It is boring to say the least and i just might have found my bathroom break corps at finals thumbdown.gif

Sorry Cavies. Just not your year.

• Like 2

This is what I think... after watching videos of them of recent shows from youtube... its already different from the first couple of shows. I am really digging the drill in this show, and i'm not worried about that. At this point they need to clean and add some more GE. Watching the show from start to finish I noticed some spots where they are standing still doing nothing... that is VERY unCavies like and i'm VERY sure something is going to happen in those sections. Still, my opinion is remains the same... in the next few days/couple of weeks, they will start to really clean up and get better. I like this show and Don Juan has been stuck in my head for days. I am looking forward to seeing this show live.

I think we're the same person that go/went to rival schools. I've listened to the show a couple times today, and I've gotten more used to and am growing to really really like it. Well, except for the guard uniforms. Please please please please please let them change it. This show will go places especially once the new ending is in. 13 days into the season, folks. First regional in 15 days. Chill. Gig'EmCavs.

Cav's color guard 'costumes' are looking a little bit too "Party City".

(Sorry I got that off of Ru Pauls' Drag Race).

• Like 5

i saw the show last night and i'm still scratching my head trying to figure it out. Drumline was pretty good, i HATE the six bass drums for sure. My wives favorite corps last year and this year she didn't like the show either. The drill wasn't anything intersting but the kids are working hard!

Just out of curiosity, why? Is it just because you're used to seeing 5 on the field? I'm not usually one for 6 bass drums either, but they sure are playing the crap out of them. In the general mix, its pretty hard to hear any difference. Not trying to be a jerk, just curious what it is that you don't like.

I guess I can count myself in the minority, but I think the Cavaliers have a fantastic program this year - visually and especially musically. I don't know if they can catch up achievement wise to the current top 5, but I don't think the problem with their current placement has much, if anything to do with the programming.

• Like 4

I had doubts about Cavaliers seeing them in their first show, but after watching them in Muncie - WOW. I am proved wrong. They may have placed under Madison tonight, but the show has so much energy and potential. Not to mention the show design makes so much sense and is so entertaining.

I had doubts about Cavaliers seeing them in their first show, but after watching them in Muncie - WOW. I am proved wrong. They may have placed under Madison tonight, but the show has so much energy and potential. Not to mention the show design makes so much sense and is so entertaining.

Yeah, I agree. There are definitely still some kinks to be worked out, but I think that as they clean and add the Cavaliers will eventually overtake Madison. I know Madison will add and clean, too, and will likely end up with a great show as well, but right now I see more potential in the Cavaliers' show. Call me biased if you'd like, but that's just what my intuition is telling me.

Edited by JayM