How weak is the Cavies Show?

thats it....unleash the drama hounds and fold em.

people have been #####ing on here for 10 years about the need for parity and new faces...and now we may be seeing some of that and people are fraking out about it.

this place is insane

I don't think it's really insane when the dynasty corps from the 2000's that hasn't finished lower than 3rd since God knows when suddenly drops to 7th/8th, and people talk about it. Isn't that what DCP is for? to talk about drum corps and what is currently going on in drum corps? Should we just pretend it's not happening?

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2
  • Like 3

I don't think it's really insane when the dynasty corps from the 2000's that hasn't finished lower than 3rd since God knows when...

2009 :ph34r:

people have been #####ing on here for 10 years about the need for parity and new faces...and now we may be seeing some of that and people are fraking out about it.

this place is insane

I agree!!!! This place IS insane. I for one love seeing some switch ups! Some very deserving corps are finally getting some long awaited recognition. It's about effing time!!!!

this place is insane

You're right, of course. A corps that has finished in the Top 5 twenty-six of the past twenty-seven years and won seven championships almost certainly isn't going to finish in the Top 5 this season. That isn't worth pointing out or commenting on in the least. It barely qualifies as DCI news. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

this place is insane

now we agree my friend..and in some cases with many people..its just how its viewed..It s what I have been telling you........crazy crazy...lol..... :w00t:

Oh the irony..... these are my thoughts as well. We sometimes hear about the need to be supportive of " change " and then when it looks like we might have some actual surpises with a " change" in placements here and there some DCP'ers begin to freak out with it.

Look, its not the end of the world, if for example the Cavaliers finish lower than anticipated. (Not saying they will but just for illustration here.). Phantom Regiment won DCI in 2008... but in 2009 they had an off year ( for them ) and finished much, much lower than expectations. But did they fall apart after 2009 ? No. They proceeded to bounce back nicely and have begun a quick march back to the top in subsequent years.

Edited by BRASSO