Where are the Blue Devils?

Time to post this link again. http://bluedevils.or...ar/?programID=1 They will probably be the first corps to break 80.

With the way the are rehearsing they better!

• Like 1

Only 23 shows...and if it's successful does it become the model. If more rehearsal time pays off in a championship, and they have the $$ to not need show income, do they drop to 20 shows the following year?

Their needs to be a balance. this year it seems the balance tipped in favor of more rehearsal time.

A friend and I were discussing this topic yesterday …

Salute the Corps marching more than 30 contests this year excluding Championships!

Of the 2011 top 12 Corps:

Cadets

Cavies

Crown

Regiment

Boston

Blue Stars

And Spirit is right there with 28!

So what’s the deal, why so few show?

The west coast fans are always complaining about the lack of shows and now one of their own corps is sitting at home practicing while passing on area shows. Cool.

Are BAC and Regiment are out there to pick up the slack?

All this talk about DCI selling excellence and the most excellent corps isn’t even out there? Super cool dude, way to help out the team

It feels....I don’t know, kind of selfish to me. Like they are being all G7 and not helping other shows draw and instead they are taking extra practice and rest to win at all costs. I guess if they can afford it, why not game the season?

I get why other corps would do limited tours to stretch their limited funds, but hey, it’s the Blue Devils, right?

What do you think about it?

They do it out of deference to those of us on DCP. They know we need something to talk about. They love us and they want us to know they love us. Imagine a world where Blue Devils are not a topic of conversation. I don't want to live in such a world...do you?

• Like 5

They do it out of deference to those of us on DCP. They know we need something to talk about. They love us and they want us to know they love us. Imagine a world where Blue Devils are not a topic of conversation. I don't want to live in such a world...do you?

I think it's a valid question though.

There are 56 days in the competitive season. BD has about 11 more full rehearsal days than Cadets, for example.

That's pretty significant, IMO.

• Like 1

They are out to pasture trying to figure out how to feed the plastic horses.

• Like 6

Well, to not make light of the issue … it does seem unfair that Regiment traveled out to California and is pulling their weight for Drum Corps International and the activity … while BD takes off 5 days to practice. The Blue Devils could have easily marched at Santa Clara’s contest and the Oceanside contest.

• Like 7

I think it's a valid question though.

There are 56 days in the competitive season. BD has about 11 more full rehearsal days than Cadets, for example.

That's pretty significant, IMO.

As mentioned before, they are ticked off and want to bury everyone this year. Wonder how many shakos the DM will break this year as he stairs at the crowd and ceremoniously drops it to the track surface.

• Like 1

1340979171[/url]' post='3159600']

They are only missing on two shows - 6/26 in Santa Clara and 6/29 in Oceanside. There were no Cali shows on the 25th, 27th or 28th and they performed on the 24th and perform on the 30th.

This is correct. They did the Clovis, Stanford, Sacramento shows, and will be at the Walnut and Riverside shows. This week they skipped the small show in Santa Clara to come down to SoCal to run a few days of the System Blue music camps. Contrary to the original OP's comments, BD has hardly let down their West Coast fans.

And yes, we out here will continue to complain that we don't get enough shows. After Sunday, there will be no performances by a top 12 corps within 1000 miles for the remainder of the summer, which is a totally justifiable reason for ANY drum corps fanatic worth his/her salt to complain!

• Like 3