Teal Sound travel difficulties?

I think DCP should open its own travel agency. It'll put the other travel agencies out of business. :ph34r:

• Like 1

To all in DCP..... There is a lot going on behind the scenes that Teal is doing right now to be able to get through this.....remember all corps experience issues throughout tour and this is just a curve ball that they will get past! There are a lot of folks working on this to see that Teal succeeds, so please do not anticipate or try to start things that can only hurt the overall outcome....be patient, let the admin and DCI work through this, and be supportive of the members and staff with positive comments!!!! My thanks go out to Fred and the Crossmen and to Bob and the Surf for assisting with this last night!!!

• Like 5

Leave it to DCP to

A) Ruin DCI's relationship with Louisville

B) Ruin DCI's relationship with bus companies

C) Send hateful emails to Lucas Oil Stadium officials

D) Proclaim the impending doom of the Cavaliers

E) George Hopkins

• Like 3

To all in DCP..... There is a lot going on behind the scenes that Teal is doing right now to be able to get through this.....remember all corps experience issues throughout tour and this is just a curve ball that they will get past! There are a lot of folks working on this to see that Teal succeeds, so please do not anticipate or try to start things that can only hurt the overall outcome....be patient, let the admin and DCI work through this, and be supportive of the members and staff with positive comments!!!! My thanks go out to Fred and the Crossmen and to Bob and the Surf for assisting with this last night!!!

Very true. This isn't only a type of problem that DCI has to experience, but the majority of touring entertainment in the world have to go through this.

Were did the OP get that message? It isn't posted on FaceBook, was it part of or one of several email updates sent out? I really don't think this is the only message people are getting from Teal. From what I've been able to put together, Teal's bus company and/or drivers walked on the tour. Something about they didn't know what they were getting into for the summer.

My guess is that most of the Teal family knows what is going on, they just don't want panic or hourly phone calls and constant messaging. The corps is safe, and behind the scenes things are happening to get back on the road. For right now the best thing is to turn the lemons into lemonade and use the downtime to rehearse. Look on the bright side, this happened early on tour. The Crossmen have a hook up with a bus company and Fred has been posting all year about their great bus set up, and Surf's director has 20+ years in the corps bizz running his own fleet. Add to that Teal's seasoned staff and you are set.

I'm looking forward to the update on this situation, and looking forward to seeing Teal pull into Allentown in August. Remember, what does not kill you makes your stronger!

It was on Teal Sound's facebook page. Maybe they removed but I copied it directly from there. Other than following them on Facebook, I have no connections to the organization.

I believe most of the bus nightmares were associated with when all the corps owned their own busses. Almost all charter them now and should be able to count on their reliability to deliver or get another bus out there.

I don't think there's a show in upstate NY that isn't fantastic. Especially in Rome, where they feed the corps :)

The baseball stadium show is a good one, I was bummed when it was rained out a couple years ago when I was teaching Teal. of course, that just meant Brass Staff Ice Cream Run at the amazing ice cream place next to the stadium. We went while the show was in a rain delay, then gott the phone call that it would be a standstill. Mike Steiner, Ryan Whalen and I hustled back to warm up the hornline, with giant bowls of ice cream in hand. Made for a happy brass staff, but angry hornline. Sadly, the raid started again and they bagged the standstill.

Yes... we were stuck on the busses in halves. We asked to get into to street clothes and get some ice cream. But NOoooo... and then of course we rolled out immediately once it was all bagged.