July Prediction Thread

The strawman arguments are getting old. But keep taking it out of context if you will. The fact is, myself and others have only hit on one or two specific comments that were not supported by anything that has happened this year, not placements. The comment about their visual being their weakness "again" and the comment about them starting strong until they "realize they can't clean their show." What we already know does not support that. That's all.

No need to be disingenuous to make a point. Or, at least, keep it in the merits of the discussion rather than throw out ridiculous accusations that no one has claimed. I understand that that's difficult, apparently, but it would make for better discussion.

What are you even talking about? Did you think before you post, or at least read what I said? What could I have taken out of context? Everything I wrote was to try and get people to CALM DOWN on here. Things have been getting pretty heated over some pretty simple stuff, like people's predictions. They're just opinions of what people think could happen, they hold no weight in the real world. I have seen some fans of the Scouts, you included, get a bit overly heated at people not claiming that this show is amazing and will rocket them to the top. But whatever, I'm not looking for arguments with people over who their favorite is or isn't. Yes, everyone has good shows. And yes, people should use stats from this year, but saying that past performance doesn't effect a corps is completely irrational. You think BD goes in with a clean slate every year? Or Cadets? No. They have a system they've developed over PAST SEASONS, and that's how they become successful. Madison has the same stuff. Any of the established corps has a system that they have a work with. So yes, past seasons do effect current ones. Maybe not in a significant fashion, but it does.

I did not make a disingenuous comment in the post you quoted, so please do not try and say that I ever did. I also did not throw out any "ridiculous" accusations, I just drew my own statements from my viewings and opinions from reading on here.

What are you even talking about? Did you think before you post, or at least read what I said? What could I have taken out of context? Everything I wrote was to try and get people to CALM DOWN on here. Things have been getting pretty heated over some pretty simple stuff, like people's predictions. They're just opinions of what people think could happen, they hold no weight in the real world. I have seen some fans of the Scouts, you included, get a bit overly heated at people not claiming that this show is amazing and will rocket them to the top. But whatever, I'm not looking for arguments with people over who their favorite is or isn't. Yes, everyone has good shows. And yes, people should use stats from this year, but saying that past performance doesn't effect a corps is completely irrational. You think BD goes in with a clean slate every year? Or Cadets? No. They have a system they've developed over PAST SEASONS, and that's how they become successful. Madison has the same stuff. Any of the established corps has a system that they have a work with. So yes, past seasons do effect current ones. Maybe not in a significant fashion, but it does.

I did not make a disingenuous comment in the post you quoted, so please do not try and say that I ever did. I also did not throw out any "ridiculous" accusations, I just drew my own statements from my viewings and opinions from reading on here.

More straw man arguments. Par for the course, I guess. No one is getting bent out of shape because of people's opinions or people thinking that a particular corps won't "rocket to the top" (your words). It was two off-hand comments that aren't supported by what has already transpired. If Scouts weakness is visual "again", then so is Bluecoats, I guess, since Scouts have beaten them in GE Visual this year, etc, etc.

So yes, straw man arguments. No one is saying anything that you are claiming (Scouts not top 5, yadda, yadda, yadda). These weren't even comments you made. It was spinningsader and Catan.

Really not sure where the disconnect is and why you're not getting this. It would seem that you're the one not comprehending what you're reading. But I'm sure this will once again fall on deaf ears. Oh well.

I have seen some fans of the Scouts, you included, get a bit overly heated at people not claiming that this show is amazing and will rocket them to the top.

Please enlighten me. Show me where I've done this. I'll wait while you look. I'll be waiting awhile.

:tongue:

Edited by BigBadMadMan

Congratulations on learning what the phrase "straw man argument" means.

Double congratulations for learning how to spell it correctly.

Scouts are still not that good

More straw man arguments. Par for the course, I guess. No one is getting bent out of shape because of people's opinions or people thinking that a particular corps won't "rocket to the top" (your words). It was two off-hand comments that aren't supported by what has already transpired. If Scouts weakness is visual "again", then so is Bluecoats, I guess, since Scouts have beaten them in GE Visual this year, etc, etc.

So yes, straw man arguments. No one is saying anything that you are claiming (Scouts not top 5, yadda, yadda, yadda). These weren't even comments you made. It was spinningsader and Catan.

Really not sure where the disconnect is and why you're not getting this. It would seem that you're the one not comprehending what you're reading. But I'm sure this will once again fall on deaf ears. Oh well.

• Like 1

i laughed while reading the above comments....i don't know about anybody else...

tongue.gif

Seriously folks. This just cracks me up. So, in the spirit of things, I will post my rendition for you.

1-3 Cadets,BD, Crown

4-6 PR Bluecoats SCV

7-9 MS BC Cav

10-12 Spirit BK BS

13-18 xman colts glass troop acad OC

19-25 JS SCVC BDB TS PC Man

1-9 90+

10-18 79+

19-25 72+

Each group can take the top placement in that group, its just too early to tell

I can see the Oregon Crusaders winning Open class this year and surprising a few teams in finals week.

I like Bostons show and as they clean it up, it is very well designed.

The top 12 corps will be very strong this year and I expect any of the top 3 in my list can win. Of course, this is all based on what is happening today and not at all what could happen in 5-6 weeks. Its a long time until Indy. See you there!

Congratulations on learning what the phrase "straw man argument" means.

Double congratulations for learning how to spell it correctly.

Scouts are still not that good

Grammar and spelling are strong suits, but thanks! :smile:

My prediction:

1. Carolina

2. Blue Devils

3. Cadets (although I think their Christmas show is ridiculous)

4. Phantom

5. Blue Coats

6. Madison Scouts

7. SCV

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Cavaliers

10. Spirit

11. Blue Stars

12. Blue Knights

I predict HOT, HUMID weather for most of July in the upper mid-west.

I would just like to point out that as of July 5, I am winning going away!