Marvelous Minneapolis

Dont know if it is possible, given how hard the rest of the show is, but BK's show could use a lot more movement and energy at the end. The end of Firebird is crazy.

That solo was obviously micced. I see no reason for that, especially when the equipment fails like it just did.

Now we have a perfect example of the problem with mic'd soloist.

Eat em' up BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

So Sully has gone all-in with Blue teams? (He does Blue Stars drill too, right?) So odd, considering his pedigree! :)

I am still going to go listen to Cavies 97 to clear my thoughts....

Or '85 Cavaliers. Or the re-entry from '74 Kingsmen, still the best use of the Firebird finale, imho.

Interesting show by BK. Some of it I find absolutely brilliant! They are solid performers in all areas. Love the guard unis and the flags. I really think the contrast is perfect. The music is cool. The theramin effect is neat, and other effects are well done, but the overuse of the piped-in music at the intro of the show could probably be played by some of the horns for better effect and realism. The drill is really off-the-charts good at times.

Edited by jwillis35
  • Like 2

I think the actual problem isn't that it's included. I think it's simply that Malaguena is far too recognizable of a tune.

Honestly I don't even think half the people listening to that Malaguena section actually know that the Promenade melody is played incredibly loud by half the corps following the sops first entrance. The point of the show is that famous melodies are woven in-between Pictures. Even though I agree that it sounds a bit odd, it does make sense to me structurally.

Edit: HAH I accidentally a link.

I would think that WAAAYYYY more people are familiar with the promenade melody than Malaguena. Pictures is one of the most famous pieces of music of all time.