Note to DCA....

Where's Cozy Baker?

Miss you Cozy?

I would bet he would say that the US Flag Code only applies to the flag of the US.

while i am appreciative of proper diplomatic etiquette (as would he, I'll bet), I can't find any reference to the UK having a similar Code. so even if they were using the exact sovereign flag (and I'm a little confused on which version that would be) I am not sure how DCA/judges have/would be able to assess it.

agreed wally.... for years dca has indeed used the warning only on flag code violations early season... and this is the first or second show of the year... The flag code is the LAW of the land and can NOT and should not be ignored, that's why the basic code items are still specified in the rule book... but early season warnings are appropriate...

Timing and sideline violations are not ignored ANYTIME since they effect the actual competition aspect between different corps...

Now, this is one area where I WILL claim to have expertise - taught by none other than Bud Floyd of Utica Yankees fame... as Wally asked, tell us what you saw... We weren't all there... also, the chief may have missed it and if the corps doesn't realize it... they soon MAY get a penalty when it does get noticed... so it would be best for the corps to mention what you saw to enable them to correct it. and I would be glad to advise if it is indeed a DCA violation...

psst...that ain't Wally.

ok, gang, we can settle this now.

Andy's friend inadvertantly uncovered a nefarious plot by the British. See, they planted MI5 agents into Hurcs guard to help use those flags to remind everyone here that in their eyes, theyshould still own us. However those pesky revolutionaries ####ed everything up.

So Andy, congrats.....your friend thwarted Bond's attempt to take the colonies back over again for her Majesty

• Like 2

Where's Cozy Baker?

Miss you Cozy?

:worthy::worthy::worthy:

I see what you're getting at Andy. However, from where I was sitting, there was enough subtle differences between the Union Jack and the one was being tossed and dragged about that this doesn't apply. I've seen enough corps (and bands for that matter) do the same with the American flag, but again there's enough differences to make the flag code not apply.

Can't tell by the pics, what are the differences?

And for the record I remember American Flag "kinda look alikes" having something other than stars in the blue field. Hard/impossible to tell it wasn't the real American Flag unless the wind was blowing.

Google search1

vs.

Google searrch2

vs.

CTHurcsGuardatClifton.jpg

I somehow get the feeling less people will be insulted by the bottom picture than the 2 other links....

I submit the following:

IMG_9735.JPG

That's a representation of our nation's colors with a sandwich on it. It's a napkin. People wipe their mouths on it because it makes them feel patriotic. The key thing to remember is that they're not wiping their mouths with the ACTUAL flag. Regardless of whether I feel making a napkin like this is in good taste or not, it does not violate the US Flag Code because it is NOT the flag.

• Like 1

We do know what the US flag code is. And as far as this particular issue is concerned, we addressed it at the Hurricanes' first contest.

gotta hate when that happens...it ruins a perfectly good rant

:tongue:

Im just sitting here waiting for the Hurcs assistant director to reply. Its been a boring day so far.....

• Like 3