Note to DCA....

Can't tell by the pics, what are the differences?

And for the record I remember American Flag "kinda look alikes" having something other than stars in the blue field. Hard/impossible to tell it wasn't the real American Flag unless the wind was blowing.

Example- 1980 Bridgemen using a Peace sign in the blue field to avoid that kind of issue at the end of their show. :cool:

When the Westshoremen used the gi-normous flag at the end of the 1980 and 1981 programs, it was an old 48 star flag to avoid potential Flag Code issues. Larry Hershman himself explained that to me as well as a few of the other old ex-military hands like Norm Selak and Al Beran.

Example- 1980 Bridgemen using a Peace sign in the blue field to avoid that kind of issue at the end of their show. :cool:

1984 Suncoast Sound made a giant version of Old Glory using drill and enormous silks. It even waved.

• Like 1

When the Westshoremen used the gi-normous flag at the end of the 1980 and 1981 programs, it was an old 48 star flag to avoid potential Flag Code issues. Larry Hershman himself explained that to me as well as a few of the other old ex-military hands like Norm Selak and Al Beran.

Well I was asking about the diff with Hurrcs flags but the second part asked my WSM question so :thumbup: Also remember someone (????) using a flag with '76' in the blue field as must have been the Bi-Centennial year (yeah I'm old :rolleyes: ).

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Just as a point of comparison, look at what the Top Secret Drumline from Basel, Switzerland do with actual Swiss national colors during their show, not facsimiles:

Interestingly, this year they are using the official City of Basel flags instead:

Enjoy.

Glad I could help. :cool:

oh please. not nearly enough

Just as a point of comparison, look at what the Top Secret Drumline from Basel, Switzerland do with actual Swiss national colors during their show, not facsimiles:

Interestingly, this year they are using the official City of Basel flags instead:

Enjoy.

Well, the Swiss make chocolate.....so they can get away with a lot of crap.

I still say it's an evil plot.

Lee always blamed the Chzechs, I'll blame England and/or France

There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the French.

Ok the Dutch :tongue: :tongue: :tongue::w00t:

• Like 1

I must commend the Hurcs guard for their opener flag, it gives the audience the look of the Union Jack with curved lines and the pastel color alternative . From what I recall, their closer flag is missing the white stripes from the red portion of the flag. So, like someone said earlier...just because it looks like a duck, doesn't necessarily mean it is a duck! In my experience of having to design a show depicting flags from different cultures--it put my mind at ease knowing that I eliminated elements of the actual design and altering the color scheme so that it was not a replica, but an inspired look.

I'm confused. Is the OP saying the Hurcs should be penalized according to the US Flag Code for improperly using the Britsh flag?