San Antonio Sizzler!

Crown, Cavaliers, Scouts, and Regiment got the biggest applause. In that order.

Blue Devils got the biggest "oh-my-gawd-that-is-incredible!" :w00t: audience responses, accompanied by jaws dropping, after watching that show. There was no time to clap, because you didn't want to miss anything.

+++

OK, that was my response, but I bet a lot of other people feel the same way! :cool:

• Like 3

I LOVE WATCHING the DRUM CORPS SHOWS...Because it is beautiful...It sounds awesome..It is perfection at its best...

When i hear the RESULTS for DRUM CORPS SHOWS...It turns a beautiful night INTO....HATE...

Get RID of ALL THE JUDGING - TOTALLY...Let the people vote at all the shows..with their cell phones...1 dollar per vote per corps...LET THE FANS DECIDE...CORPS WILL MAKE MORE MONEY....OR

JUST GET RID OF THE JUDGING...

People these days ENJOY the PERFORMANCES....People these days including myself, do not like other people, who we dont know who they are, telling us, who THEY THINK were the best corps of the evening...

GET RID OF THE JUDGES! and LET US ENJOY THE MUSIC!!!

I'm pretty sure we would not get quite the same performance level without the shows being judged..... yes they would be good, but competition really pushes people to go that extra mile.

I LOVE WATCHING the DRUM CORPS SHOWS...Because it is beautiful...It sounds awesome..It is perfection at its best...

When i hear the RESULTS for DRUM CORPS SHOWS...It turns a beautiful night INTO....HATE...

Get RID of ALL THE JUDGING - TOTALLY...Let the people vote at all the shows..with their cell phones...1 dollar per vote per corps...LET THE FANS DECIDE...CORPS WILL MAKE MORE MONEY....OR

People these days ENJOY the PERFORMANCES....People these days including myself, do not like other people, who we dont know who they are, telling us, who THEY THINK were the best corps of the evening...

Maybe they should stop keeping track of scores in everything? How enjoyable would it be to watch the Superbowl without a winner? The World Series? The Olympics? Drum corps is a competitive event. If you don't like the scores don't look them up or leave before they are announced.

Or you could just leave happy before the scores are announced.

Seriously... why do you let some green-shirted opinions effect your enjoyment of drum corps so much???

I'll tell you a quick secret: The Blue Devils aren't the only corps in DCI. There's 30+ other corps in drum corps. We've lost two this season already. The success or failure of DCI doesn't solely hinge on the participation of the Blue Devils. I'm actually expecting them to bolt to Broadway like Star did back in the 90s at some point here.

Well said

• Like 2

Yes you've attacked everyone who's said a negative word about BD's show or even questioned their design in any way. Take a step back and relax. You don't have to respond to every critique either of BD or of your own posts.

That is nowhere close to true, but ... whatever. If it makes you better to think that way, go for it.

• Like 1

True booing is not cool. And im going to get destroyed for this. But those kids who work their butts off also know exactly what they are getting into when they sign onto that organization. You do not sign up to march BD nowadays to be liked or to be a crowed favorite. You sign up for BD to win. While there is something awesome and unique about DCI's design diversity, BD does not field the shows that they do to be diverse. This is no secret. I too found myself booing at the screen not at the kids or even BD for that matter tonight. I was booing the judges. While I do dislike BD this year.. again,.. they also dont give you any excuses but to score them uber high. They are extremely talented. But tonight was NOT a good performance. It just wasnt. And they did not deserve the win IMO.

???

I continue to be amazed that Crown is still within a point of the Blue Devils. After viewing the two shows back to back tonight, the difference in cleanliness is vast. The judges really must dig what Crown is doing this year.

I totally agree! If Crown takes advantage of some days off this coming week to clean the show, the margin between them and Blue Devils will get smaller.

• Like 1

Completely disagree. Diversity brings in more fans, not less.

You want diversity? The audience certainly has diverse opinions. Cheering, screaming, standing, clapping, booing.

• Like 1