San Antonio Sizzler!

A little nod to VK there with the lawn chairs? thumbup.gif

I wonder if they got permission because VK wasn't allowed to bring the chairs on for retreat after '83 (or was it '84?)

I think it feels a bit contrived: it's not even really a new spin on the schtick. I dig the laid back approach, but it feels too been there/done that to me.

I am not tearing down anyone for not liking the show. No one has to like it. As I have said, I have hated a lot of BD shows so I understand. That doesn't mean that naive criticism, like suggesting the show is "hipsterish," don't deserve a response?

Yes you've attacked everyone who's said a negative word about BD's show or even questioned their design in any way. Take a step back and relax. You don't have to respond to every critique either of BD or of your own posts.

• Like 2

Here's the thing that bothers me about BD's show. If they dropped the any mention of the Dada theme entirely (narration included), I would probably actually support it like I did with the 2010 show.

Instead, it just seems like they're presenting a show that they only want to be recognized as being a superior product (even when that goes against the grain of their own show theme). Had they just titled the show "Music and Visual" and dropped any Dada mention I would probably be behind this show 100%.

It's kinda like if you've ever known someone who completely drops any possibility of a personality or identity in order to give themselves an identity by "joining" a social clique/movement ("Guidos" and "Hipsters" come to mind). They only feel immense confidence/superiority because they've associated themselves with a social clique/movement.

It's a shame really, because underneath the theme and narration this is an absolutely beautiful presentation of music and visuals. But with the context of "hey we're doing this simply for the competitive edge associated with the theme" it's just flat out annoying to me. Incredibly well played annoying, but still annoying.

Also: People like different things, and that's okay! I personally don't like the show, and if you do I completely understand.

• Like 2

.... now if the Blue Devil's drum majors would just bring them a couple of cocktails.....

Heh... I edited my post just as you posted this. thumbup.gif

Cadets have the best overall shot of catching Dev's if they can get clean enough and they start poppIng better GE numbers...that's the way I see it!

No disrespect, but I think you need to update your contact lens prescription.

Cadets are not in contention for the title this year. Third maybe. But no higher.

• Like 1

Yes you've attacked everyone who's said a negative word about BD's show or even questioned their design in any way. Take a step back and relax. You don't have to respond to every critique either of BD or of your own posts.

So much for reasonable. Time to just start drinking.

• Like 1