San Antonio Sizzler!

Clear break between Devils/Crown and Phantom/Cadets.

• Like 1

Look at SCV jump Bluecoats. Crown and BD are only separated by .9

I don't condone the booing, however, I can understand why they would Boo.

I do too.

Because they are idiots. :angry:

+++

Edited: Forgive me, I thought about what I wrote, and I realized I didn't put that very well.

They are classless idiots.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 2

???

Individuals sticking out of the ensemble like crazy, forms not good, guard was off, that kind of stuff

I continue to be amazed that Crown is still within a point of the Blue Devils. After viewing the two shows back to back tonight, the difference in cleanliness is vast. The judges really must dig what Crown is doing this year.

On the whole this was a good nite for Crown though. Last night BD topped Crown by 1.75 points. I said earlier today that for Crown to have a chance at a title they would need to cut into that lead... or at the very least not let BD expand on last nite's spread. They did just that. They halfed last nite's spread to .85. That keeps them definately in the hunt for the title.

Its a 2 Corps race for the Title now it seems to me.. BD and Crown.

• Like 1

I totally agree! If Crown takes advantage of some days off this coming week to clean the show, the margin between them and Blue Devils will get smaller.

Only if the BD do nothing during their time off.

WORLD CLASS

1 -- 90.40 -- Blue Devils

2 -- 89.55 -- Carolina Crown

3 -- 87.75 -- Phantom Regiment

4 -- 86.95 -- Cadets

5 -- 85.85 -- Santa Clara Vanguard

6 -- 84.85 -- Bluecoats

7 -- 83.05 -- Madison Scouts

8 -- 81.55 -- Boston Crusaders

9 -- 81.50 -- Cavaliers

10 - 80.45 -- Spirit of Atlanta

11 - 78.65 -- Blue Knights

12 - 77.95 -- Blue Stars

13 - 77.55 -- Crossmen

14 - 75.20 -- Glassmen

15 - 74.60 -- Academy

16 - 72.90 -- Colts

17 - 72.60 -- Troopers

18 - 72.35 -- Pacific Crest

19 - 69.80 -- Jersey Surf

20 - 66.95 -- Mandarins

21 - 65.10 -- Cascades

22 - 62.60 -- Pioneer

OPEN CLASS

1 -- 78.40 -- Oregon Crusaders

2 -- 73.40 -- Genesis

3 -- 66.45 -- Forte

4 -- 63.15 -- Revolution

Well that's just strange... I thought for sure they'd be in the mid-80s at least.

Blue Devils got the biggest "oh-my-gawd-that-is-incredible!" :w00t: audience responses, accompanied by jaws dropping, after watching that show. There was no time to clap, because you didn't want to miss anything.

+++

OK, that was my response, but I bet a lot of other people feel the same way! :cool:

I agree mostly. BD does have a ton of OMG moments. And they are showing off skills no other corps can match. But just raw skill can get boring and tiresome if it's not presented and developed in a meaningful way. I think BD's show fails to deliver on the larger scale and it steps all over itself at the end. They can justify the lack of emotion in the design by appealing to dada. But dada suffers the same problems. Full of sound and fury... Signifying nothing.

• Like 1

What are you talking about? Someone said Crown got a huge crowd reaction. It doesn't take much to go back on the video and compare the reaction at the end of BD's show to the end of Crown's show. Go check the video

Nooo .... Someone said that Crown's crowd response seemed big because of the tepid response of the preceding corps. It's okay .... I heard the crowd responses for all the shows. I just didn't bother comparing them and placing an unnecessary dig on ANY of the corps. I really just wish people could be a little more positive about this, that's all.

• Like 1

I agree mostly. BD does have a ton of OMG moments. And they are showing off skills no other corps can match. But just raw skill can get boring and tiresome if it's not presented and developed in a meaningful way. I think BD's show fails to deliver on the larger scale and it steps all over itself at the end. They can justify the lack of emotion in the design by appealing to dada. But dada suffers the same problems. Full of sound and fury... Signifying nothing.

Except another title.

• Like 2