San Antonio Sizzler!

Crown, Cavaliers, Scouts, and Regiment got the biggest applause. In that order.

Maybe because you misused the word whom.

Let's all settle down. We don't need to prove the point of people who claim this site can be mean at times. I am not talking to just one person here. Don't make me send you guys to your rooms.

• Like 1

And this is why we have "personal opinions" instead of "personal facts" when it comes to musical taste. Yes, I think there is a better horn line, Blue Devils, and at least early season Cadets horns were every bit as good, and I love Fanfare for the Common Man!

Are you suggesting that early season Cadets were as good as Crown is now?

Keep skooting down...SKOOT DOWN!

• Like 1

Crown was really great tonight. If they can beat BD good for them. I think Cadets need to put some feet on that jesus fish. thumbup.gif

I thought you weren't going to watch the Cadets? :tongue:

• Like 1

A little nod to VK there with the lawn chairs? thumbup.gif

I wonder if they got permission because VK wasn't allowed to bring the chairs on for retreat after '83 (or was it '84?)

.... now if the Blue Devil's drum majors would just bring them a couple of cocktails.....

• Like 1

It does deserve a classy response though. I think that the show is a bit "hipsterish", but that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid or naive than anyone else's. Their show is based around chaos and irony. Hipsters love irony. You see the parallels there? I don't like their show though, I think there are far better designs out in DCI right now. I've read up on Dada, that doesn't mean that everyone has. And that doesn't mean that people can't draw their own thoughts, opinions, and parallels out of a show. It's just the way things go. Some people think the Cadets show is stupid and cheesy, I think it's fun and exciting. Different strokes for different folks. The longer you're around here, the more you'll understand that people say stuff, it doesn't always require a response. Sometimes just let it go

Good comment. I agree. I apologize if anyone was offended by my defense of the Blue Devils.

• Like 1

True. It might have just seemed bigger because of the tepid response the corps before them received.

Sigh .... Nice unnecessary dig

I think Cadets need to put some feet on that jesus fish. thumbup.gif

Perhaps it might "evolve" in time for finals....... ph34r.gif

• Like 1