San Antonio Sizzler!

Well that's just strange... I thought for sure they'd be in the mid-80s at least.

They would have. They got docked 5 points because their guard was late to the field.

I agree it's classless. But corps and placements have been getting booed for some time now.

Let's not make the Blue Devils any more of a martyr than they already are by implying all of drum corps hinges upon people not hating them.

It's not just the Blue Devils, it is anyone. How would you feel if you put the work in these kids did and then got booed for being the best corps out there?

23761502.jpg
  • Like 4

I think someone killed dci.org. Says Service Unavailable.

Edit: OK--now it's back.

Edited by CrownBariDad

Stepping back from all of this BD vs. Crown stuff....GREAT shows tonight by A LOT of corps!!!

BUT.....the 900 pound gorilla....

...I have to say it: this makes me wonder why ANY shows are played indoors. The domes are horrible for music IMHO -- they make the great corps sound average and take away all of the finesse and style that is so delicate, and at the same time hide many of the mistakes of lesser corps. In a way, domes are a great equalizer -- the great corps sound good, and the average corps sound good.

To think that the finals are recorded inside a dome!! DCI is definitely tying one arm behind their back.

I miss the better (sounding) venues of times past....Cotton Bowl, Camp Randall, Arrowhead, there so many to choose from!!!

Individuals sticking out of the ensemble like crazy, forms not good, guard was off, that kind of stuff

Youve missed the genius of their design! Messy forms and off kilter marching is purposeful: no work needs to be done to "clean" those segments. The guard work out of sync is part of the design. I'm not being sarcastic or facetious here. There are plenty of active design elements that serve to minimize chances for complaints from the judges. If they march intentionally out of step into an intentionally messy form and intentionally drop tosses ... Well you figure out how to judge that.

I'm not trying to be (too) snarky here. I actually like the BD show save for a single element. I enjoy the off kilter aspects. But I also recognize there is another purpose at work in the design--as in any good design.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 2

I'll tell you a quick secret: The Blue Devils aren't the only corps in DCI. There's 30+ other corps in drum corps. We've lost two this season already. The success or failure of DCI doesn't solely hinge on the participation of the Blue Devils. I'm actually expecting them to bolt to Broadway like Star did back in the 90s at some point here.

What on earth does that have to do with booing?