I Loved Blue Devils

Now this is some DADA!

That ain't Dada, that's too much free time. ...which I totally have. To watch hilarious videos like this.

Maybe next year we can get them to re-vamp their 2000 show? Or at least put some Bernard Hermann back on the field? That was such an awesome show, I think it would do really well for them.

I like that show, too (especially the Taxi Driver opener and the Vertigo ballad!) I distinctly remember other people on forums saying it was boring and repetitive, though, which is too bad, because it's a fun show.

I like that show, too (especially the Taxi Driver opener and the Vertigo ballad!) I distinctly remember other people on forums saying it was boring and repetitive, though, which is too bad, because it's a fun show.

me too! The Vertigo ballad and the closer with the fake ending really sold this show to me. I actually have an entire album of Bernard Hermann music because of this show. And that pit accel is still one of the coolest percussion moments I've ever seen. Even if they don't re-vamp the whole show, I would love to see them bring back the ballad and closer. Full musical phrases, and such amazing music with their brass line

• Like 2

I sat on the 50 yard line inside the lower press box tonight in San Antonio.

The Blue Devils are simply the most phenomenal performers I've ever seen in 33 years of drum corps. There isn't a moment that wasn't captivating, engaging, or that failed to just blow me out of the water. I alternately whistled, laughed, or just held my breath waiting for the next insane moment. It's the first time I've seen a show ever that captivated me completely from the corps entering the field to the very end.

There has never been anything like them, and this show left me breathless.

Just WOW. Can't wait to see it again... Thanks Blue Devils... that was outstanding.

I also understand why people might not like it... but I just witnessed a new standard in performance and coordinated design. Outstanding!

Chuck Naffier

wow...

I cannot say the same... But that's okay! :ph34r:

Edited by charlie1223
  • Like 1

Well, this is just my opinion, but i didn't have any flip-out moments in BD's show like I did some others.

Scouts' rotating company front? Check.

SCV's first impact? Check.

Phantom's ending? Check.

Cadet's mellophone solo and opener? Check.

Bloo's hornline? Check.

Crown's..... entire show? Check.

BD? My words after their show: "Wow. I was thoroughly unimpressed by that show. Crown's gonna kill tonight!" And the inevitable happened. BD won.

• Like 6

:-)

I saw the show in Minneapolis and agree with you that the Devils are all that! Still, I found the talking to be quite distracting and prevented me from fully appreciating just how magnificent the corps was. I wonder if DCI will offer recordings this year with the option of removing the extraneous noise. That would be perfect. I've been attending shows since 76 and have found the last two years to be particularly outstanding...I just hope the corps stay focused on what matters, the actual performance on the field.

The Blue Devils are simply the most phenomenal performers I've ever seen in 33 years of drum corps. There isn't a moment that wasn't captivating, engaging, or that failed to just blow me out of the water. I alternately whistled, laughed, or just held my breath waiting for the next insane moment. It's the first time I've seen a show ever that captivated me completely from the corps entering the field to the very end.

Just WOW. Can't wait to see it again... Thanks Blue Devils... that was outstanding.

I also understand why people might not like it... but I just witnessed a new standard in performance and coordinated design. Outstanding!

Chuck Naffier

• Like 2

Chuck Naffier

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

LOL, can't even have 1 positive Blue Devils on this forum without people interjecting nonsense. I guess it is a good thing that noone cares about your opinions.

Maybe its just your apathy, Jones.. who knows. But thanks for sharing the world's opinion with me anyway, Jones.

• Like 2

I'm not a BD honk (really, Plan!), and I even couldn't watch BD in Minny. But I watched both Texas shows and, I have to admit, this year's BD is wonderful.

My only complaint is the #### voice-over! I missed a substantial amount of that killer drum line because of the #### voice. Why would they think it necessary to overlay 2/3 of the show with that crap?!

For all they do right, they, this year, get lots of points from me. Except for that #### voiceover.

Somebody else said it right here: "Please, God, make it stop!"

I agree with Garfield 100%. If they cut the voiceover, I'd be happy to see this show win. As it is, they ought to be getting creamed on GE Music as the voiceover covers up quite a bit of the music, including the *end of the show* which surely should matter quite a bit to Music Effect.

Phew, sorry about the outburst. The rest of the show is genius and incredibly well performed even though it celebrates an artistic movement that helped destroy art's emotional core and connection to regular people.

In summary: :thumbup::thumbdown::shutup::worthy::rock::blink::w00t::doh:

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1