Drum Corps Genie

Only 3?! Gah, way to be stingy drum corps genie. Can I just wish to be about 15 or 20 years older so I could've seen all the old-school stuff that was around when I wasn't alive? tongue.gif

If I had to pick only 3, I guess I'll just pick one from each of my favorite corps.

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

2008 Phantom Regiment

2002 The Cavaliers

(in a perfect world, 1987 SCV, 1989 Cadets, 1995 Madison and some others would be on there too)

Edited by ayesha3

1988 Blue Devils (Happy Days, Since I fell for you) which I've already seen.

2011 Cadets which I did not see.

1983 Garfield Cadets (which I've already seen). But I would choose to see again the performance they did AFTER they won finals.

That may have been the best performance I've ever seen in my life, ever. It maybe lost to history, but not to my memory.

I wish for:

1990 Star of Indiana - Praise Ye the Gods of Brass!

1992 Crossmen - I only experienced this show on the field - never in the stands. I would love to hear what it sounded like to a fan.

2008 Phantom Regiment - Still the best told story in the history of DCI.

My favorite Crossmen show of all time...I saw you guys live at Allentown that year...It was EPIC....a definite BRASSGASM!

In this order

Vanguard 2009. First time I ever actually cared about drum corps (I had seen shows previously but it didn't really do anything for me) but I went to big loud and live in 09 and fell in love with vanguard with this show. Couldn't imagine the final push live at finals.

Phantom 08. Arguably the greatest show of all time, I regret not going to amherst with friends in 08 now.

Vanguard 89. Obvious reasons. Voted the best show of all time, had the best score for over a decade. The emotion poured into that performance is something to behold.

And 3 vanguard yells.

• Like 3

In this order

Vanguard 2009. First time I ever actually cared about drum corps (I had seen shows previously but it didn't really do anything for me) but I went to big loud and live in 09 and fell in love with vanguard with this show. Couldn't imagine the final push live at finals.

It was pretty amazing. You can get some sense of it from the DVD, but live, that thing was something else. What a special show and special corps. Fun fact, first female head drum major for SCV ever

• Like 1

Spirit 1980

Cavaliers 2002 - missed this one that year

Bluecoats 1987 semi finals performance - my highest score ever and i want to see it from the stands

• Like 1

*snip*

1983 Garfield Cadets (which I've already seen). But I would choose to see again the performance they did AFTER they won finals.

That may have been the best performance I've ever seen in my life, ever. It maybe lost to history, but not to my memory.

Thanks for the kind words. :smile:

I'd love to see that too.

That's the only run that we pushed the peddle all the way to the floor and let it fly.

Didn't have to control that beast anymore and I've always wondered what peeps thought of it.