Olympics - Blue Devils Staff Whre Are You?

Dave Glyde: Blue Devils music coordinator and arranger.

"Dave was hired by the International Olympic Committee to coordinate, design and compose opening ceremony music events for the 2008 Summer Olympic Games in Bejing, China and for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia."

Read more at http://bluedevils.org/staff/?programID=1&cID=7621

Edited by AAPAbaritone
  • Like 1

I find it strangely re-assuring that most of you didn't get it.

It helps bolster that inbred superiority we Brits have over you Americans.

• Like 2

1343488676[/url]' post='3186425']

I find it strangely re-assuring that most of you didn't get it.

It helps bolster that inbred superiority we Brits have over you Americans.

Well Mitt Romney has represented the USA very well. Lol!,,

• Like 1

I watched the Olympics Opening Ceremony last night and was disappointed. It was probably the worst opening ceremony at an Olympics in some time. I kept thinking, "the Olympics need the Blue Devils staff to design the program for you." I bet the design team for BD could put together one great production.

Funny you said that. I remember thinking as I watched it that it was kinda like a Blue Devils show. If the TV people weren't explaining what a lot of it meant, I wouldn't have known.

• Like 1

I thought the beginning part was pretty cool (up to the five glowing rings in the sky) and the Rowan Atkinson bit with the orchestra was fun. The whole "pop culture" music video part was totally forgettable. I thought the lighting of the cauldron was OK but didn't like the multiple runners thing.

For me, the highlight of the entire show was Bob Costas' comments during the entrance of the North Korean delegation. The reference to Kim Jong il's claim that he had 11 'hole-in-ones' in the first round of golf he ever played was priceless. "I'm sure the ones off the windmill and the clown's nose were especially impressive" Classic!

• Like 1

1343491279[/url]' post='3186463']

Well when it comes to opening ceremonies...Mitt got it right.

The Chinese blew away the Brits...and they did it with LIVE performances, not 50% on film...anyone can make a movie.

I don't think the UK was trying to compete with the spectacle of Beijing, and rightly so. Instead they want it to be the people's games (notice how every venue is sold out unlike Beijing)- and the opening ceremonies reflected the heritage and culture of Britain- and bravo to them.

Unfortunately all Mitt Romney has done so far is demonstrate his ignorance and not represent the USA in a very positive light......

• Like 2

No disrespect to BD Designers but the people working on the Olympics are much more talented IMO.

Just because BD has high DCI scores does not mean their design is at all preffered or better than other corps designs (or that of the Olympics)

Why don't people think Crown, Cadets, or Phantom staff couldn't also design an Olympics show?

I will never buy into the whole BD is God mentality. They have a staff that is as talented as any other in the activity.

And I don't think Londons show was all that bad.

• Like 1