nightBEAT 2012

That was one of the highlights of my drum corps career at Suncoast. We won brass at SCV and Devils' home shows. Remember when the staff lied and told us that because it was DC-West Championships, we were only an exhibition corps? Then we started winning captions...

Man! What a horn line you guys had that year. Well, I mean every year, but especially '86!

Probably because this isn't a SCIENCE... It's subjective scoring by a bunch of human beings...

( which is the usual thing that happens all of the time)....

If one tries to figure out DCI Judging works they would have an easier time figuring out how the Egyptians lugged stone 1500 miles from some quarry somewhere through the desert to build those gigantic pyramids in the middle of freaking nowhere. And reading the judging captions for an understanding is like reading Egyptian Hieroglyphics. Its impossible. Don't go there. You'll eventually die from a massive migraine headache.

Edited by BRASSO

Question about this photo: The last show I got to see was Minneapolis and I can tell just by the closing set that SCV changed their closer. Now I really hope my memory isn't going already but I only remember 4 cymbal players at the Minnesota regional. Also, as far back as I can remember, I've only seen SCV with 4 cymbal players. Who's the 5th? Does a member of the pit pick up a pair and march out to complete that final set? Anyone?

Jordan, yes, a pit member comes out with a pair of cymbals. I saw it in last night's broadcast...

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum

If one tries to figure out DCI Judging works they would have an easier time figuring out how the Egyptians lugged stone 500 miles from some quarry somewhere through the desert to build those gigantic pyramids in the middle of freaking nowhere.

i think the jews did that..didnt they?..lol

Jordan, yes, a pit member comes out with a pair of cymbals. I saw it in last night's broadcast...

Thanks Marwan! I had to double check and count the plates because it looked funny to me lol. Hope the pit guy appreciates being a part of the infamous "V"

Unbelievable. She really cant let that vendetta go, even for the sake of professionalism can she? Rubbish.

Bluecoats too? Are there any corps in DCI, BD aside, that she doesn't (supposedly) have a vendetta against?