nightBEAT 2012

I do think judging panel draw does have a lot to do with these swings in scores. Its not slotting at all. ( or location of show ) Its diffeences of opinion on things.. even more than performance levels. Corps sometimes live or die by the simple judging panel draw. Thats life.

you're saying home show doesn't affect the judges. and i agree.

but it can affect the performers.

• Like 1

I might be mistaken, but inside venues, BAC wins, outdoors CAVIES win. Too tired to research but I see a trend. Hope it follows that same pattern all year if I am right!

• Like 1

you're saying home show doesn't affect the judges. and i agree.

but it can affect the performers.

Hear hear! Congrats to your kid and the rest of 'em!

Edited by ATXGUY
  • Like 1

BD will win by a point, give or take a couple tenths. The slotting has been cast and is setting up nicely.

And if I'm wrong, feel free to rub my nose in it - I would love nothing better than some changes, just to spice things up.

RUB RUB RUB!!! :smile:

Crown came up by .9 and BD Dropped!!! :thumbup:

• Like 2

Hey, I thought you were a judge in another circuit, and a judge's advocate. Wouldn't this theory mean that the judges aren't doing their jobs correctly?

Not at all. Performance order can play into contest dynamics, especially when you are separated from your real competitors. Considering the "home cooking", I have no doubt Crown had some extra passion going in their performance tonight. Who wouldn't at their home show?

Happens all the time.

Not at all. Performance order can play into contest dynamics, especially when you are separated from your real competitors. Considering the "home cooking", I have no doubt Crown had some extra passion going in their performance tonight. Who wouldn't at their home show?

Happens all the time.

Thanks for your clarification, especially on the home show part in regards to the kids' actual performance level.

Although, in my mind, if I was a judge, I would go into a competition with a fresh outlook. And everyone there are real competitors. This line of thinking sets up for all sorts of prejudice and bias. IMO

Edited by ATXGUY