Most emotionally impactful show to watch ever?

Crown '08

Crown '09

Bluecoats '08 The Boxer- got to feel it from right behind the sideline several times.

Star '93 (footnote: at the star alumni performance in '10, I cried.)

Phantom '93- especially the opener

BD 2000- especially the closer

Cavaliers '02, the ballad

SCV '04, the end

BD '04, the end

Phantom '07, the hit at the end of the opener. Gets me more than the closer

Cadets '07, opening hit and the end

Phantom '08... though listening to the recording isn't the same as it was being there.

SCV '08, end of the dancy movement with the Viper

Blue Stars '08, the end

Blue Stars '09, whole show up to the closer

SCV '09, the end

Boston '09

Phantom '10

Cadets '10, the end

Blue Stars '10- so many moments

Blue Devils '11- the end

Blue Knights '11, some of the hits are top quality

Southwind '00, the ballad

And probably a couple others I cant remember.

These are all moments that totally get me, whether it's fist pumping or not.

Edited by burgerbob
  • Like 1

In no particular order ( after the first one thumbup.gif)

Crossmen 92

Cadets 89

Phantom 89

Blue Devils 94

Vangard 98

Madison 88

So many to mention but that will do for now.

Suncoast 1984, even on video, that thing tears at the heartstrings

Star 1993 (just for the pure anger and angst and tension that show was, even on recordings)

Bluecoats 1995 (see above reason)

Phantom 2008 (was in the stands at Finals, and I don't know if there wasn't a dry eye in the house by the end of that show)

Cadets 2002 (the ending with the flag-raising)

Bluecoats 2008, the Boxer (saw them live at one show in the midwest, had to grab a seat on the Side 2 35 in the first row after getting done performing, didn't even know that part was coming, was peeling my face off the people a few rows behind me)

SCV 2009

Blue Stars 2009 (really was an emotional show, especially that ballad)

Crown 2010 (Watching Ryan go down was one of the hardest things to watch, period)

For some reason, I always find that shows based around war, and or patriotism are the most emotionally impacting, just because of the content, and the emotion involved with it. There are a few outliers, but shows memorializing war are the most emotional shows to watch, even on video.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm cheesy but Cadets 2002 "An American Revival" gives me goosebumps. They do an incredible job connecting with the crowed in this show.

Phantom 1996 is a ride so is 2003.

Most emotional thing ever has to be Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, specifically the ballad - Adagio for Strings. It's seriously heart wrenching.

http://www.myspace.com/video/2-pro-4-u/santa-clara-vanguard-2000/1009687 unfortunately this is the only link I could find unless you have the Fan Network but go to around 5:40 and watch!!!

Most emotional thing ever has to be Santa Clara Vanguard 2000, specifically the ballad - Adagio for Strings. It's seriously heart wrenching.

SCV 2000 is one of my favourite shows. The linking of hands at the end gets me every time.

In the 10's - Blue Knights 2011. DUH! I marched this show. Of course I think its emotionally impactful! :tongue:

In the 00's - Cavaliers 2002. This is the first show that brought me into drum corps.

In the 90's - Cadets 1998. I love this show. It is hands down my favorite show in the 90's, and probably in the history of DCI.

In the 80's - Cadets 1987. I just watched this show for the first time. I LOVE it! Such a creative and emotionally compelling show.

Edited by kaseyW

Depends on how you are defining emotion here. Are we just talking sad emotion? Happy emotion? In either case im gonna have to pull a homer card here and call 09 Blue stars. The show was about Pearl Harbor, I mean how can that not be an emotional show. We tried to cram the before, during and after part of what happened into an 11 minute show. From the ladies hanging up laundry on close lines, on a peaceful day, to the attack, to our final victory in the war. Talk about an emotional rollercoaster! One emotional part rings true for me, as well as a lot of other members on side 1 when this happened. We were at the "Taps" section in the show, when an older gentlemen wearing a VFW hat looked down for a moment, and removed his hat. And for those of us on the field that saw him do this, you could just feel him reflecting on the sights he saw, and the people he knew who died in that war. I will never forget the feeling I had during that. I almost couldnt keep playing I was so choked up. It was so powerful. Our show took on a whole new meaning for many of us that day.

You win, I can't top that. The story alone was enough.

• Like 1

How has no one put Phantom 96? That should has you by the throat from start to end. The power and beauty of that show are amazing!

PR 2010 ticked all the boxes on the emotional scale for me.

• Like 2