Open the roof

yeah, 80 degrees and no A/C sounds great...

I hope that wasn't sarcasm.

I have been to many Finals where it was over 80 degrees. That, as far as I'm concerned is BEAUTIFUL weather, and it will be cool at night! The low is supposed to be 61, that means it will be around 70 degrees it the peak of the evening.

The Glassmen had a rehearsal with the roof open and windows down in 2009, it was fantastic from all accounts I heard from staff and members. There is no freaking reason why they can't open it up. The big glass window WILL retract!

Just do it DCI, come on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Right, but what was the reason for the other years in Lucas Oil then?

The weather is unpredictable. in the dome there's 100% chance that the show will go on rather than a 10% chance of scattered t-storms or 90+ degrees and humidity.

The dome takes, from what I've heard, Nearly half a day to open and close. And that is a factor aswell.

The dome takes, from what I've heard, Nearly half a day to open and close. And that is a factor aswell.

The roof itself can close as quick as 12 minutes. The problem lies in the fact that it takes half a day or more for the AC to catch up and effectively cool the stadium... and that's with the stadium empty.

The other issue is the fact that storms can pop up rather quickly during August in Indiana. Even a 10 - 30% chance of rain means a "no-go" for the roof being open.

• Like 1

yeah, 80 degrees and no A/C sounds great...

Sounds perfect to me. Is 80 degrees hot?

• Like 1

yes the sound sucks, but with the roof open it will be worse.

Here's why:

see those huge windows on the sides? they actually help limit some of the damage when the roof is closed.with the roof open, they will create havoc.

The windows open too, don't they?

I'm pretty sure you're right. When they announced the venue and the long term contract, DCI said that they would make every effort possible to keep the roof open. Then when it came to occupy the stadium after Bloomington...DCI just forgot about it. Anyone know why the stance reversal?

Probably too expensive to open it and shut it.

The roof itself can close as quick as 12 minutes. The problem lies in the fact that it takes half a day or more for the AC to catch up and effectively cool the stadium... and that's with the stadium empty.

The other issue is the fact that storms can pop up rather quickly during August in Indiana. Even a 10 - 30% chance of rain means a "no-go" for the roof being open.

Does anyone know if the Colts generally keep the roof open for their two home pre-season games each season? If they do, then there goes all of the weather-related excuses for keeping the dome closed...

Same issue exists for the Colts games - how do they deal with it?

They deal with it by having a ton more money than does DCI.

• Like 3