Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chip Factory

IN my section, there were several people that left after crown, spouting BD hate as they left.

There's a bumper sticker popular in Boston that reads "I root for the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees." I believe there is a similar one in Baltimore that reads I root for the Orioles and anyone who beats the Yankees." I'm thinking the same sentiment may hold true for those who hate the Blue Devils.

I'm basing this on what I've experienced in Indy. I'm sitting in the BAC block, but tonight there were several Crown parents and fans in the area. They were polite during BD's show even though they went ballistic over Crown's show which is to be expected. Also, Crown's souvenir booth is next to Blue Devils and missiles are not launched at each other. Yes they make their loyalties known, but that's what a rivalry is all about. I'm not being "pie in the sky" here. I don't expect Crown to sing "All You Need Is Love" with the Blue Devils regardless of what happens tomorrow any more than I expect a 27th Lancer who marched in 1980 to say "I love that Blue Devils 1980 show." Madison will probably not have a bromance with Cavies. Blue Stars may not be feeling the love for Crossmen right now. Rivalries are one thing, rude behavior is an all-together different matter.

So are these people really die-hard Crown fans or are they people who just love to hate the Blue Devils?

• Like 1

Feet was a slight issue for BD, but as I expected as I compared BD to Crown, Visual Analysis what a huge difference. I saw crown with some cover down issues is critical spots.

The biggest archilles heel for Crown is Percussion. Crown hasn't finished in the top 3 in Percussion at Finals since 2009. And their Percussion line is likely not going to finish top 3 tomorrow nite either, imo. If Crown wants to win a DCI Title some day they are going to have to do so in a year in which they are in the top 3 in all Corps sections, imo.

There's a bumper sticker popular in Boston that reads "I root for the Red Sox and anyone who beats the Yankees." I believe there is a similar one in Baltimore that reads I root for the Orioles and anyone who beats the Yankees." I'm thinking the same sentiment may hold true for those who hate the Blue Devils.

I'm basing this on what I've experienced in Indy. I'm sitting in the BAC block, but tonight there were several Crown parents and fans in the area. They were polite during BD's show even though they went ballistic over Crown's show which is to be expected. Also, Crown's souvenir booth is next to Blue Devils and missiles are not launched at each other. Yes they make their loyalties known, but that's what a rivalry is all about. I'm not being "pie in the sky" here. I don't expect Crown to sing "All You Need Is Love" with the Blue Devils regardless of what happens tomorrow any more than I expect a 27th Lancer who marched in 1980 to say "I love that Blue Devils 1980 show." Madison will probably not have a bromance with Cavies. Blue Stars may not be feeling the love for Crossmen right now. Rivalries are one thing, rude behavior is an all-together different matter.

So are these people really die-hard Crown fans or are they people who just love to hate the Blue Devils?

These people outright stated that "Blue Devils Suck" as they left

• Like 1

Very well said! Rivalries are what make sports great...and yes I'm calling drum corps a sport. The coolest thing with DCI is how rivalries seem to change decade to decade, yet I love knowing that no one would ever boo another corps for the sake of winning (unless bloooing of course).

The biggest archilles heel for Crown is Percussion. Crown hasn't finished in the top 3 in Percussion at Finals since 2009. And their Percussion line is likely not going to finish top 3 tomorrow nite either, imo. If Crown wants to win a DCI Title some day they are going to have to do so in a year in which they are in the top 3 in all Corps sections, imo.

Percussion is the biggest issue, how ever, I was keyng on visual in my comparison today. and as I commented to a fellow Planeteer, Visual analysis was going to be a huge difference (.6 if I'm not mistaken) almost as much as Drums.I asume if you divide by 3 that could be as much as 4 tenths

Their tears...they are delicious.

Is that South Park?

As the season comes to a close I just have to say that all the hate for BD has been very unnerving but now all I can say is..Good! I'm glad they hated the show! thumbup.gif I hope they stay up late because of it!

• Like 1