2013 Predictions

In conjunction with their West Coast tour together..The Blue Devils and Carolina Crown will blow everyone's mind..literally...with their combined 2013 production: "Haters and Homers". Ala BD 2011, they will switch uniforms mid-show causing the haters and homers in the stands to implode and spontaneously combust... aided partially by the combined brass sections. George will immediately file a complaint with DCI claiming violation of the "I didn't think of it first" rule and demand that future shows be done without hash marks. tongue.gif

Merry Christmas to all and to all a great night! santa.gif

Now THAT'S one of the most creative smart-###ed remarks I've ever read on DCP. Right up there with stuff from Michael Boo.

I tip my hat to you, sir.

Crossmen will start their show in the shape of Australia.

The Blue Devils will borrow Australia for 6 months for their show.

You will win DCI.

1-7 G7

8-23 Everyone Else

The OP was referring season budgets, correct?

• Like 1

Edited by Rob9965

I'll throw one out there for my top 12:

1. Carolina Crown - It's bound to happen, they got closer last year than 2009, maybe they'll finally fix everything that didn't work.
  2. Blue Devils - If not 2nd, then 1st. While I liked 2012, hoping for an easier to get show.
  3. Santa Clara Vanguard - 2nd year with their incredible staff, I think they'll medal for the first time since 2004. Will they finally win high percussion? Fan favorite.
  4. The Cadets - Will be a fantastic show, just not quite as good as the corps above them.
  5. Phantom Regiment - Don't feel like I know enough to make an accurate prediction, just sticking them here for now.
  6. Bluecoats - See Phantom.
  7. Boston Crusaders - I know some stuff about the show. I have a feeling they'll be closer to 6th than 8th.
  8. Cavaliers - Will wait until I know more. If there aren't any major staff changes, I could see them in 9th. Will take a bit to recover from last year.
  9. Madison Scouts - If Cavies aren't a lot stronger, could see them higher. Will be a fantastic show.
  10. Blue Stars - New staff and design team = jackpot, new uniforms will hopefully make them easier to read from the press box (still loved them up close). They are going to be a brand new and hugry corps. I do not by any means see them out of finals.
  11. Crossmen - Will continue to move up, will stay in finals I have a feeling.
  12. Spirit - Similar show will be as fun as the last few years and I will really enjoy it, but I don't think it will take them higher.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 3

Like everybody else, just off-season speculation, but here goes...

1 Blue Devils: the staff, talent, and corps' relation to the judging community makes them unstoppable at this point.

2 Cadets: little staff turnover, Barber fits them perfectly, lots of members returning, leaning a few variety lessons

3 SCV: just a great team, show choice is choice and timely, hear talent is way up

4 PR: the visual package will hit its stride and the brass will get their due, finally, though the top 6 is a tough party

5 Crown: more of the same, really good, really really good, but the same

6 Bluecoats: same brass and percussion talent, show theme thin as has been the case the past several years, visually awkward

7 Cavies: working the show better, but with big member turn over and only an OK brass line

8 Madison: slowly working up, judges bought thin show design last year and thought awful arrangements were good, so what do you do?

9 Spirit of Atlanta: sticking to their own unique style, little to no staff turnover, more talent, getting the design gel happening after so many rough years

10 Boston: just too forgettable and more of the same in 2013

11 Crossmen: better talent, same show design level, odd drill

12 Blue Stars: get more things happening this season

13 Blue Knights: best designer is gone and last year's gift gives wrong impression that they are better than they are

14 Colts: better design

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...