2013 Predictions

was this your 10,000th post on DCP?!

oh gawd, has it been this many ?

Does DCP have a post total roll back machine ? Like those auto mechanics used to do on the odometers on the used cars before they unleashed the cars on an unsuspecting public ?

I need my DCP " odometer " to be spun back. This post total is getting out of hand.

Happy 10,000th post dude:)

9) Cavaliers - I dunno. It just doesn't seem like a lot of additions were made in the off season, Madison is once again going to be hot and Boston isn't going anywhere, which they've proved by consistently moving up the last few years. This is my oddball that I don't know what to do with.

I just don't see the Cavaliers placing as low as some people are predicting. I think they will make top 5.

• Like 2

I just don't see the Cavaliers placing as low as some people are predicting. I think they will make top 5.

Me either, but I haven't heard ANYTHING coming out of Rosemont. As an alum I am a bit concerned, but I think they're going to bounce back up.

One thing I have to remember here on DCP is that there are so many new faces posting here and "predicting" how corps will do based solely on the previous year instead of looking at more criteria such as historic placement, staff additions, organization, et cetera. I mean look at PR from 2008 (1) to 2009 (9) 2010 (6); BD 2005(4) - 2006 (3); or Cadets 2005 (1) - 2006 (5) - 2007 (2) & 2011( 1) - 2012 (4). These top organizations bounce back. Thankfully Madison is bouncing back too, but they haven't been as historically successful ( score wise) in DCI.

Looking back 25+ years, you have to go back to 1983 to find the last time they scored so low at finals. I think 2012 was the fluke. Hopefully The Cavaliers will be back up there soon. Mainly, I want to see a great show that is "Box 5" in every category.

Edited by jjeffeory

I too, think the Cavies will surprise some and move up in the rankings. Of course, the staff realizes that 2012 was not up to par, and are working hard to make positive changes.

Some are saying they haven't heard enough from the cavies this off season. While I don't know the show concept, I do know the staff is excited for it. "Like Mad World excited", Mike Macintosh said on Twitter.

The design team has brought in Jeremy Earnhart, Alan Spaeth and of course Mitch Rogers. The members are working with trifit-xt, who are endurance coaches out of Houston and already given an endurance program to go along with physical training.

I know they restructured, and added staff in the guard.Also, the design staff was under a strict deadline to have the complete show in the members hands by the February camp.This is a different approach then years past where each camp would be "scene" related and much more "organic". The members are also now required to track their progress with smartmusic.

With this information coming out of Rosemont, paired with the musical selections already released, I'm looking forward to a great year from the green machine.

FYI: Mitch Rogers > Richard Hinshaw

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 2

Me either, but I haven't heard ANYTHING coming out of Rosemont. As an alum I am a bit concerned, but I think they're going to bounce back up.

The first half of the show music is already learned (along with encore pieces from both "Niagara Falls" and "007"), and reports are that the staff is trying to have most, if not all, of the second half of the book in the members' hands within the next few weeks. That's a pretty aggressive start to the year, imho.

Edited by mobrien

The first half of the show music is already learned (along with encore pieces from both "Niagara Falls" and "007"), and reports are that the staff is trying to have most, if not all, of the second half of the book in the members' hands within the next few weeks. That's a pretty aggressive start to the year, imho.

Thanks, I hadn't seen the clip! I have confidence in Adolph and Mitch is a familiar name (alum) to me that will understand Cavies visual history, so I'm excited! Definitely a brighter start for them than last year!

Edited by jjeffeory

I would love to see a 4 way tie for 12th in semis, and then just bring them all back for Finals night!!!

I would love to see a 4 way tie for 12th in semis, and then just bring them all back for Finals night!!!

haha... that'd be cool.. more bang for the customer's buck too!