2013 Predictions

FACT: Garfield Cadets 2012 Schedule - 32 Shows prior to Finals week. Crossmen 2012 Schedule - 28 Shows prior to Finals week. Shared appearances - 21. Distance between home bases - 1740 miles.

FACT: The wandering albatross has a wing span of up to 3.6 meters.

Date Location Corps Score Corps Score Winner COMMENTS:

August 5 Pittsburgh Crossmen 83.1 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site less than one week from Finals week and up by more than 2 full points on Crossmen.

August 10 dci Semi-Finals Crossmen win for the first time in EIGHT HEAD-TO HEAD CONTESTS! The FIX was in. My opinion? Blue Stars were tossed under the bus.

You want us to believe the Crossmen's "product" :laughing: moved up over 2 and a half points in 5 days WITHOUT help? Can you point out any other corps that had this kind of improvement?

Sorry. NEVER!

Do you want me to keep going and reveal some other facts that will prove to be very embarassing to several people who are now sweating like stuck pork? I don't get to use much of these skills since I left Langley. :glare:

Phantom Regiment 2008 comes to mind

August 2 DCI Eastern Classic Allentown PA DCI 1st 95.825

August 4 Toledo OH DCI 1st 96.000

August 7 World Class Quarterfinals Bloomington IN DCI 3rd 96.575

August 8 World Class Semi-Finals Bloomington IN DCI 2nd 97.675

August 9 World Class Finals Bloomington IN DCI 1st 98.125

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

August 5 Pittsburgh Crossmen 83.1 Blue Stars 85.45 Blue Stars Neutral site less than one week from Finals week and up by more than 2 full points on Crossmen.

August 10 dci Semi-Finals Crossmen win for the first time in EIGHT HEAD-TO HEAD CONTESTS! The FIX was in. My opinion? Blue Stars were tossed under the bus.

You want us to believe the Crossmen's "product" :laughing: moved up over 2 and a half points in 5 days WITHOUT help? Can you point out any other corps that had this kind of improvement?

Sorry. NEVER!

Do you want me to keep going and reveal some other facts that will prove to be very embarassing to several people who are now sweating like stuck pork? I don't get to use much of these skills since I left Langley. :glare:

Cavaliers 1995 comes to mind

August 5 DCI Mid-America Champaign IL DCI 2nd 93.800

August 6 Fantasy of Brass and Drums Ft. Wayne IN DCI 1st 93.400

August 10 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Buffalo NY DCI 1st 97.100

August 11 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Buffalo NY DCI 1st 97.500

August 12 DCI World Championships Buffalo NY DCI 1st 98.300

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 1

Sorry. NEVER!

Madison Scouts 1988 comes to mind:

August 14 Joplin MO DCI 1st 92.700

August 19 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Kansas City MO DCI 1st 97.800

August 20 DCI World Championships Kansas City MO DCI 1st 97.100

Gee, I'm getting the feeling that this happens more than you're letting on....

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

Sorry. NEVER!

Phantom Regiment 1996 comes to mind:

August 10 Night Beat Charlotte NC DCI 2nd 93.900

August 15 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Orlando FL DCI 4th 94.600

August 16 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Orlando FL DCI 3rd 95.500

August 17 DCI World Championships Orlando FL DCI 1st 97.400

Wow, I wonder if these are ALL of them? w00t.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Sorry. NEVER!

Cavaliers 2000 comes to mind:

August 6 Buffalo NY DCI 1st 95.000

August 10 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals College Park MD DCI 2nd 96.400

August 11 DCI World Championships Semi Finals College Park MD DCI 2nd 96.700

August 12 DCI World Championships College Park MD DCI 1st 97.650

Look, stuff happens in this SUBJECTIVE activity... I've given you several examples where corps had that kind of improvement or MORE in DCI.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Don't think so. Awful hard to improve over 6-9 points in a year.

Yet it's happened a couple of times:

SCV

1980 7th 85.600 Fanfare Symphony No. 4 Opus 36 * Procession of the Nobles * Stone Ground Seven * Selections from Evita * Jupiter (from The Planets)

1981 1st 94.000 Northridge * A Young Person's Guide to the Orchestra * Slava * Don't Cry For Me Argentina (from Evita)

Madison Scouts:

1987 6th 90.400 Captain from Castile * An American In Paris * Stars and Stripes Forever

1988 1st 97.100 Concerto For Guitar and Jazz Orchestra * Malaguena

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Sorry. NEVER!

One last one...

Dutch Boy 1990 had a 4 point jump in 2 days to get into finals and jump 2 corps...

August 15 DCI World Championships Prelims Buffalo NY DCI3rd 82.300

August 16 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Buffalo NY DCI 13th 84.800

August 17 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Buffalo NY DCI12th 86.300

August 18 DCI World Championships Buffalo NY DCI 12th 82.200

Don't let these facts get in the way of your great rant though.... satisfied.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 3

One last one...

Dutch Boy 1990 had a 4 point jump in 2 days to get into finals and jump 2 corps...

August 15 DCI World Championships Prelims Buffalo NY DCI3rd 82.300

August 16 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Buffalo NY DCI 13th 84.800

August 17 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Buffalo NY DCI12th 86.300

August 18 DCI World Championships Buffalo NY DCI 12th 82.200

Don't let these facts get in the way of your great rant though.... satisfied.gif

Or of one making an arrogant fool of themself.

Great research JJeff... I knew Dutch Boy came from behind but didn't know it was a 4 pt climb.... Wow

• Like 1