6/30: 76.55 - 7/3: 81.8 = 5.25 points over three days

7/19: 86.95 - 7/20: 87.6 - 7/21: 89.55 = 2.6 points over three days

and, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/3: 93.95 - 8/9: 96.6 - 2.65 points over six days

Here's another reference from the 2012 season, from the bottom of the pack:

Pioneer:

7/17: 60.7 - 7/8: 64.8 = 4.1 points over one day

7/26: 63.75 - 7/28: 66.3 = 2.55 points over two days

and, again, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/3: 65.45 - 8/6: 69.25 = 3.8 points over three days

Now lets try one from the middle of the pack other than Crossmen or Blue Stars:

The Academy:

7/16: 70.85 - 7/17: 74.7 = 3.85 points over one day

7/28: 76.25 - 7/30: 80.15 = 3.9 points over two days

and, again, in the approximate time period in question for Crossmen vs Blue Stars:

8/4: 74.9 - 8/6: 79.45 = 4.55 points over two days

So, you see Martin, it does happen. Both corps are great corps. It just so happened that Bones was better on Prelims than Blue Stars were. Please just leave it at that.

I believe that Martin is trying to get us to be so specific that his premise cannot fail. From my data and your data, it's quite obvious that major score swings can happen and it's not because the corps got "help".... smile.gif

• Like 2

I believe he's trying to spin this into his own woe is me, call the CIA conspiracy thread. I'm pretty sure that no matter what we say or how many facts we spit at him he's still gonna make his claims. For the record DCI judges don't huddle together and say hmmmmm I wonder what corps we can boost and make finals more interesting. I agree with the poster who said that it's time to hold BStars design team accountable. While the drill was hard, it was never attainable for the members. In the first show of the year there was a train wreck and an elbow thrown by a trumpet to another trumpet. That alone to me screams frustration, early season or not. Even as late as Allentown there were many missed sets and/people being pushed out of their sets. If anything the judges gave them more time to refine it.... BStars were a finalist caliber corps that just came up short in design and execution. I give mega kudos to the membership and hope they'll pick the corps back up going into this next season.

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 2

One last one...

Dutch Boy 1990 had a 4 point jump in 2 days to get into finals and jump 2 corps...

August 15 DCI World Championships Prelims Buffalo NY DCI3rd 82.300

August 16 DCI World Championships Quarter Finals Buffalo NY DCI 13th 84.800

August 17 DCI World Championships Semi Finals Buffalo NY DCI12th 86.300

August 18 DCI World Championships Buffalo NY DCI 12th 82.200

Don't let these facts get in the way of your great rant though.... satisfied.gif

Please don't remind me as I was marching in one of the corps that got jumped...I am REALLY trying hard to forget... :tongue:

Didn't know that.... Bet you wanted to put Dutch Boy in a Dutch Oven:)

Edited by wesleyrp

Please don't remind me as I was marching in one of the corps that got jumped...I am REALLY trying hard to forget... :tongue:

That was a crazy year where 10-15th place could have EASILY swapped. I know, we've talked about this before!

Wish FN would show corps outside of top 12.... Always wanted to see BK Boston and others that season

• Like 1

Wish FN would show corps outside of top 12.... Always wanted to see BK Boston and others that season

From what I understand, they are working on that. I think I remember drumcat saying that they were attempting to get the rights required to put the rest up there. I could be remembering wrong, though.

• Like 1

Thatd be awesome

While I do give Crossmen their due credit because they were truly ON Friday night, and I do concede that Blue Stars had some issues they were not able to overcome in time, one thing I can not swallow is the score/placement that the Blue Stars color guard received that night. To use wesleyrp's words "a scan of Twitter comments and even the semis thread here will reveal what most people thought of their performance that night", that guard was on fire Friday. I was there Thursday, Friday and Saturday, sitting with other color guard instructors and judges. Sorry, Blue Stars was NOT a 12th place color guard. They were 9th the night before (with a weaker performance than Friday) and have ranked as high as 6th or 7th (if memory serves) throughout the season. THAT would have put them into finals.

I think Guard scores were just off all season...Im sorry BD should have been a 3rd place guard.

• Like 3

BK was INCREDIBLE! My favorite BK show, actually...

Love Freelancers too.