2013 Predictions

BD is done.

Seriously. i know my history. If you can whoop them on THEIR turf they are finished. But just the fact that you little cocks in the "media" are watching I hope you are all WRONG!

• Like 1

BD is done. Seriously. I know my history. If you can whoop them on THEIR turf, they are finished. But just the fact that you little ----- in the "media" are watching, I hope you are all WRONG!

1. Crown beat BD on "their turf", i.e. central California, in the first show. BD came back to beat Crown on the next two nights, also on "their turf". Tonight's win was in southern California, which is PC's turf. The two corps meet again there tomorrow.

2. Which "media" are watching? And what are they watching--the shows or DCP?

• Like 2

Even comparing the political pundits poll with DCI ranking is silly. Silver only had to track essentially two political candidates in the Pres. race. He was not ranking their abilities either, just making predictions based upon his demographic analysis of who he believed would show up on election day and who would ultimately win in his opinion as a result.

Just a quick note while I wait (where, oh where are the Renton scores?): Silver (537/New York Times), Wang (Princeton Election Consortium), and Linzer (Votamatic) predicted senatorial races, as well as the presidential race, and while I grant you that each of those was a case of two contenders, the work of determining how much to weigh each poll was a lot more complicated than someone who quickly skimmed your post might guess. Also, that Silver, as I mentioned, originally made his mark analyzing baseball suggests that there are statistical methods that apply to both sports (or sports-like) competitions and to election polling ... but I'm tired and will leave the last word, if any, to you.

(Oh, nice. Radio is playing "Autumn Leaves" as I type this. Bluecoats should get them to play one of their renditions.)

BD is done.

Seriously. i know my history. If you can whoop them on THEIR turf they are finished. But just the fact that you little cocks in the "media" are watching I hope you are all WRONG!

Well, you come up a little bit short on your history, but as far as rants go, this was as good as it gets, imo. I see no reason at all that facts should get in the way of a good ol fashion hummdinger of a rant either.

But for facts and history:

1999: Stockton, Calif, July 9th : 1) SCV 84.400 2) BD 82.900

San Jose, Calif July 10th: 1) SCV 84.200 20 BD 83.00

( later in 1999, BD came back at Finals and SCV had to share the title with BD)

2007 : Stockton, Calif, June 17th 1) SCV 76.050 2) BD 75,550

Bakersfield, Calif, June 20th 1) SCV 77.550 2) BD 76.550

( later, BD won the 2007 Title going away, SCV, finished 5th )

1986 : Sunnyvale, Calif, June 21st : 1) SCV 70.09 2) BD 71.95

( later, BD won the 1986 Title, SCV finished 2nd, 9 tenths back of BD )

1979 : San Jose, Calif, June 17th : 1) SCV 73.30 2) BD 71.95

Cocord, Calif, June 16th : 1) SCV 74.30 2) BD 74.00

( later, BD won the 1979 Title, SCV finished 3rd. BD won the 1979 Title despite

losing in June their own home show,ie " their own home turf " in Concord, CA.)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 7

Just a quick note while I wait (where, oh where are the Renton scores?): Silver (537/New York Times), Wang (Princeton Election Consortium), and Linzer (Votamatic) predicted senatorial races, as well as the presidential race, and while I grant you that each of those was a case of two contenders, the work of determining how much to weigh each poll was a lot more complicated than someone who quickly skimmed your post might guess. Also, that Silver, as I mentioned, originally made his mark analyzing baseball suggests that there are statistical methods that apply to both sports (or sports-like) competitions and to election polling ... but I'm tired and will leave the last word, if any, to you.

There is no connection to what political pollsters do, no matter their level of expertise ( good, or substandard ) as all of them at least do research and then make predictive assumptions based upon their collection of researched data. The DCP, by contrast, does not do any research as they simply take the scores unquestioningly and then simply weighs these scores in a formula not based upon any research other than it simply makes sense to them to do it this way. DCP, nor any of the other Drum Corps rankings, makes predictive assumptions based opon their rankings either. Comparing what large political polling firms do with DCP rankings is like comparing scientific weather forecasting of hurricanes with that of the rankings of the Connecticut Hurricanes for July in the DCA side of DCP.

Edited by BRASSO

The way things are going with Troopers, Xmen, Blue Stars and Pacific Crest (Although PC has not met any others head to head) you might see a 4 way tie for 12th or 11th place!

BD is done.

History proves you could not be more incorrect. Corps have come from over 2 point deficits early season to win. As recently as 2011, the eventual champion sat in 4th place after first regional in Minneapolis. All this proves is their is more than one contender this season and their will be exchanges all season. I suspect Cadets will be in that mix too when they all meet.

• Like 1

BD is done.

He said cocks.. :laughing:

• Like 2

2007 : Stockton, Calif, June 17th 1) SCV 76.050 2) BD 75,550

Bakersfield, Calif, June 20th 1) SCV 77.550 2) BD 76.550

( later, BD won the 2007 Title going away, SCV, finished 5th )

Heck in 07 Cadets were beating BD on the west coast leading into finals - and BD won

Saying they are "done" at this stage is crazy... way too much season left and way to small a gap

Edited by George Dixon