2013 Predictions

BAC has been quiet this off-season. I have a feeling they may surprise a few people this year.

I guess we'll find out this weekend---counting the days until the Cinecast~

BD with the win again.

• Like 1

There's no way Blue Devils will end up 5th, but IF that happened that would increase the chances of the fabled "Blue Flush". That would be with all the "Blue" corps finishing adjacent to each other.

4. Bluecoats

5. Blue Devils

6. Blue Knights

7. Blue Stars

What are the chances of the Blue corps each finishing two spots away from each other? Say, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 8th? Those are better odds.

That's what I'm betting on this season. A two-placement Blue Flush.

If the Blue Saints really, really step up their game, perhaps a four-step, five-part Blue Flush? Say:

4. Blue Devils

8. Bluecoats

12. Blue Knights

16. Blue Stars

20. Blue Saints

But the Saints would have to move up 15 places over last year.

I don't see a lot of love for my Boston Crusaders out here.

I guess that making Finals for fourteen years in a row, being competitive, having a long, continuous history, solid leadership, plans for future growth, and fans who have stuck with the corps in lean years--as well as in more recent years where it has not been all that difficult to be a BAC fan--are not good enough reasons for some people to "feel the love" for the Boston Crusaders. However, BAC is consistent and not controversial. Controversy gets ink on DCP. Maybe they don't get the love on DCP, but they do in the stands, and they do from their loyal fans and I have a feeling that this year, they will see some love from the judges.

Since first qualifying for Finals in 1999, Boston has placed 5th twice, 6th once, 7th twice, 8th once, 9th six times, and 10th twice. Their average placement in those fourteen years is exactly 8th. It's actually a little worse if you only count the past ten years (average placement 8.4) or past five years (average placement 8.1).

On the other hand, if you average Boston's placement in 87 prediction-posts in this thread, you'll find that the prognosticators here collectively expect them to have a placement of 7.9--slightly better than their historical average!

Specifically, Boston has been predicted to finish 4th (2), 5th (3), 6th (12), 7th (17), 8th (20), 9th (18), 10th (14), and 11th (1).

• Like 1

Since first qualifying for Finals in 1999, Boston has placed 5th twice, 6th once, 7th twice, 8th once, 9th six times, and 10th twice. Their average placement in those fourteen years is exactly 8th. It's actually a little worse if you only count the past ten years (average placement 8.4) or past five years (average placement 8.1).

On the other hand, if you average Boston's placement in 87 prediction-posts in this thread, you'll find that the prognosticators here collectively expect them to have a placement of 7.9--slightly better than their historical average!

Specifically, Boston has been predicted to finish 4th (2), 5th (3), 6th (12), 7th (17), 8th (20), 9th (18), 10th (14), and 11th (1).

Let me help your numbers...4th :smile:/>

• Like 1

I recall folks being worried a few years back that voice in the Cadets show would beget voice in every other show. That ship seems to have sailed.

It would sure seem the fad of the day is colorful, esoteric shows with multilayered themes. If that is the case, then SCV is the odd player out (unless they have turned les mis into some kind of mime-filled black and white adventure).

Crown has not demonstrated 3 consistent years of climbing in a while. Nor has Cadets. But PR has been 9, 6, 5, 3. So by that logic, PR seems the shoe in.

In other news, last year doesn't have anything to do with this year.

1 - Blue Devils

2 - Santa Clara Vanguard

3 - Carolina Crown

4 - Cadets

5 - Phantom Regiment

6 - Bluecoats

7 - Cavaliers

8 - Madison Scouts

9 - Boston Crusaders

10 - Blue Knights

11 - TROOPERS

12 - Crossmen

Yes, THE TROOPERS WILL BE IN FINALS.

After last night, you and I both look like prophets!

• Like 1

My prediction is that BD, Carolina Crown and SCV will duke it out the entire season for the top spot! 4 - 9 will be a crapshoot with the usual players! 10 - 12 will be a battle royale with the shocking reemergence of a very strong Troopers. I predict a 10th place for Troop because of finally having a full corps and a move back to their traditions and one of the most popular shows on the field this year! Remember, I said this first!

I guess my prediction looks a bit better after last night, huh?! :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/> :tongue:/>

Oh, YEAH!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Cadets

3. tie - Blue Devils / Phantom Regiment

5. Boston Crusaders

6. Santa Clara Vanguard

7. Cavaliers

8. Bluecoats

9. Crossmen

10. Blue Stars

11. Blue Knights

12. Madison Scouts

13. Academy

14. Spirit of Atlanta

15. Pacific Crest

16. Colts

17. Troopers

18. Oregon Crusaders

19. Glassmen

20. Mandarins

21. Jersey Surf

22. Cascades (23)

23. Pioneer (26)

I look forward to seeing the many ways in which my predictions go wrong!

The GOING WRONG part of your prediction is the most accurate :-)

Edited by Cop