Madison Scouts 2013

Not sold on the ending, unfortunately. It's seeming to me that they're falling into a bit of a mold here, ending the last 4 shows exactly the same way. Maybe I'm way off on that but it appears that way to me. I'm going to forever call these these last 3 seasons the "tribute years." Tribute to 9/11, tribute to Madison's past, tribute to the troops.

Interested to see where this goes next season.

It was about this time last year I made it to Bloomington for a Scouts rehearsal. Sure wish work took me to that part of the country this year. This show is really making the crowds go wild from what I've seen on the videos.

• Like 1

Not sold on the ending, unfortunately. It's seeming to me that they're falling into a bit of a mold here, ending the last 4 shows exactly the same way. Maybe I'm way off on that but it appears that way to me. I'm going to forever call these these last 3 seasons the "tribute years." Tribute to 9/11, tribute to Madison's past, tribute to the troops.

Interested to see where this goes next season.

I think the tradition of a drum corps now a-days is to add your true ending closer to a large regional show to push your corps over the hump of mid season.... Not one corps in the top five has a real ending out yet.. Nor do the scouts

• Like 2

I have to ask the question but did the guard member who lies dead on the field for 1/2 the show actually have to pay full member dues? I'd be pretty upset if I paid a couple thousand dollars to just lay there for 1/2 the show.

He and Will Pitts should start their own worker's union.

(For the sake of noobies to DCI, Will Pitts was the very accomplished DM, oops Conductor, of Phantom Regt. 2008 who finished his age-out season as Spartacus' corpse, lanced to death by Koji Mori in the climax of the show finale. What a way to end a most accomplished DCI career.)

I think the tradition of a drum corps now a-days is to add your true ending closer to a large regional show to push your corps over the hump of mid season.... Not one corps in the top five has a real ending out yet.. Nor do the scouts

Maybe so, but from what I'm seeing, it's the same as the last 4 seasons. I have no problem with a signature move (the script "M") or starting the show with the rotating company front that ended the show last year (reminiscent of '95-'96), but I'd like to see something more than a slow closer and a recycled ending 4 years in a row.

Maybe so, but from what I'm seeing, it's the same as the last 4 seasons. I have no problem with a signature move (the script "M") or starting the show with the rotating company front that ended the show last year (reminiscent of '95-'96), but I'd like to see something more than a slow closer and a recycled ending 4 years in a row.

I don't know, it seems like a pretty effective ending to me. The crowd is going wild, they are playing high, fast and loud (and good), the

drill has a lot of speed and complexity, the guard is throwing things all over the place (and very well). There might be a slight similarity in the style

of the closer, but to me, it doesn't look or feel at all like the previous shows they've done. And if they change it/beef it up even more, it could

really be a juggernaut of a show come Finals!

Double post...sorry! doh.gif

Edited by Nine White Russians

I don't know, it seems like a pretty effective ending to me. The crowd is going wild, they are playing high, fast and loud (and good), the

drill has a lot of speed and complexity, the guard is throwing things all over the place (and very well). There might be a slight similarity in the style

of the closer, but to me, it doesn't look or feel at all like the previous shows they've done. And if they change it/beef it up even more, it could

really be a juggernaut of a show come Finals!

Prior to the little tag at the end is what I mean. And the whole 2-4 beat unison note at the end is the same as the last 4 seasons. Coming out of "Never Walk", it just seems a bit forced to me. Only my opinion.

Edited by BigBadMadMan