Staff changes

It makes a big difference when you perform at 9:30-10:00 at night.

A corps that performs at 7-9pm stands around for a couple hours waiting for awards, then traveling to the next town, also, there( blue devils) housing is usually at the show site, the others have to travel a hour to get to the show. so yes, for other corps they have to get up early, they just don;t have the later hours in the day to practice, like the devils do.....

[

• Like 1

Dear thread: I apologize. I've allowed myself to be taken off topic. I will cease and desist all non-topical postings.

On that note (no pun intended):

I am VERY excited to see what DVD does with Troop.

also.

Seriously- anyone know what's up with Aungst (possibly) leaving the Blue Stars? What a shame for them. Dude's a beast.

A good appointment however............ why has Donnie VanDoren been appointed The Troopers Program and Staff Consultant and not their brass caption head?

I think he has put his days as a CH behind him.

Pacific Crest on the move.......http://www.pacific-crest.org/2012/08/seth-murphy-appointed-brass-co-caption-head/

Huge for Pac Crest!

Edited by TubaJon

A corps that performs at 7-9pm stands around for a couple hours waiting for awards, then traveling to the next town, also, there( blue devils) housing is usually at the show site, the others have to travel a hour to get to the show. so yes, for other corps they have to get up early, they just don;t have the later hours in the day to practice, like the devils do.....

Definitely not true. Blue Devils maybe had 3 or 4 show housing sites AT MOST last year.

Definitely not true. Blue Devils maybe had 3 or 4 show housing sites AT MOST last year.

They may not have been at the show site, but I'll guarantee you that they weren't out in the middle of the boondocks either. Corps going on at the beginning of the show are at a disadvantage. Nothing like having to end rehearsal at 2:30pm on a show day to pack up, travel to the show site, warm up and make it to the gate on time. Then, because you were the first corps at the show, you end up getting parked in by all of the other corps that arrived at the show site after you. So, you end up leaving last, arriving at the next housing site later than the higher ranking corps, and then start the cycle over again. Ah yes... the life of a lower placing corps!

• Like 2

Richard Hinshaw Facebook:

I would like to thank The Cavaliers for the wonderful opportunity to design and teach with them in 2012. This week, I learned I will not be asked to return for 2013. Although I am heartbroken, I will always cherish the memories and learning experiences from this summer. A huge thank you goes out to my fellow designers, the staff, and especially the members for believing in me and supporting me along the way. I was truly inspired by so many of you. I wish you the best in the future.

Apologies that this post had nothing to do with The Blue Devils NOT changing their staff.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 5

I would like to thank The Cavaliers for the wonderful opportunity to design and teach with them in 2012. This week, I learned I will not be asked to return for 2013. Although I am heartbroken, I will always cherish the memories and learning experiences from this summer. A huge thank you goes out to my fellow designers, the staff, and especially the members for believing in me and supporting me along the way. I was truly inspired by so many of you. I wish you the best in the future.

Im not going to say i'm surprised by this at all, and i'm not going to lie and say that i wasn't happy when i heard this. But I will give Richard credit where credit is due. He was brought into a tough situation (replacing Gaines) and made the best of it. He was/is very proud to have been a part of the Cavalier organization (read his facebook posts from the season) and seems very humbled in his "exit" statement. A very classy post from a class act guy.

Moving on.... Who else besides me is going to be stalking the Cavies boards/twitter/website till we find out who the replacement is?...lol. IMO, they already have their "guy", or they wouldn't have been so quick to let Hinshaw go.

• Like 1

Im not going to say i'm surprised by this at all, and i'm not going to lie and say that i wasn't happy when i heard this. But I will give Richard credit where credit is due. He was brought into a tough situation (replacing Gaines) and made the best of it. He was/is very proud to have been a part of the Cavalier organization (read his facebook posts from the season) and seems very humbled in his "exit" statement. A very classy post from a class act guy.

Moving on.... Who else besides me is going to be stalking the Cavies boards/twitter/website till we find out who the replacement is?...lol. IMO, they already have their "guy", or they wouldn't have been so quick to let Hinshaw go.

I thought Gaines said last year that he just needed a year off? Maybe it's him.

• Like 3