"Pushing the Boundaries of Innovation" vs "Tradition"

Dont you remember sometime in the 80s I think Cadets had a very small guard and used many to play some of the show so there were like 80 horns I think.....yeah big sound visual bore

I Do... I think they didnt explore it quite enough and there was less body work those days.

yeah there certainly wasnt enough to look at I know some guard members from that year and they were like WTF...lol

I also did not mention blending sideline a field percussion at different points in the show.

My idea is trying to give the perception of only ONE group on the field. (rather than 3)

A minmalist sort of approach.

Everything would actually appear larger and stand out more.

And never mentioned biting the heads off bats, blowing flames or spitting up blood.

thinking out loud... Gwar could be a great producer of a drum corps show.

Dont you remember sometime in the 80s I think Cadets had a very small guard and used many to play some of the show so there were like 80 horns I think.....yeah big sound visual bore

Thank you and all your oh-so-innovative/creative brethren/sistren for once again labeling your Golden Age pioneers as "dinos" and reinforcing my beliefs that your activity and only your activity dismisses its great early pioneers as nothing more than cheap jokes.

We're not offended, really, as we Dinos have epithets for your side, too but there'd be so many automated Xes they'd be unreadable. However, feel free to guess what some of those might be.

What have today's ever-so-gifted innovation/creativity-Enlightened Ones done with the mantle they donned forty years ago with the 500+ drum and bugle corps they became stewards of? Where are they, and what of today's green kids that nobody wants anymore who we Dinos used to recruit and teach for free to get them involved in what was then a nationally-respected activity for all?

Go ahead, think of a smart reply. The Dinos won't care; they're not here or anywhere near, probably a good thing for both factions.

"My Heart Belongs to Da-Da"

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend you (but obviously you were offended). I was only using the label other older fans of drum corps used for themselves in this thread. Do you have a comment on my idea, or are you just going to be offended?

The word isn't the problem...

Really? What was I thinking when I used the word, since you can read my mind?

When would the DCI Corps do the figure skating like " Short program ", just at Finals or at Regionals or at local shows ? Even if its at just finals, we'd have Corps doing 6 shows ? ( Short and Long version ) . I don't see this happening. Plus, didn't the figure skating community do away with the compulsories awhile back ?

I'm sure they can figure the schedule out if they want to. Do you have any comments on the substance of the idea?