Shaun Canon Performance

Kinda a bust.

More power to him and DCI for trying to help music programs but... why do it at the one place where people know that music education needs help?

Also I think it could have been planned better. They did it before the show started so people were talking, the seats were still pretty empty, and you couldnt hear the school band over Shaun.

Nobody was really getting into it, Shaun was almost begging people to stand up at the end. I think it was mostly due to what I said above plus it wasnt really a great concert setting. I think they should have done this after BD while they were getting corps lined up for retreat. Probably would have gotten a better response from the crowd.

I thought it was downright awful & a shameless self promotion. The sound was balanced so that you couldn't even here the poor band kids playing, and worse, the guy can't reven really sing.

Harvey

• Like 3

Kinda a bust.

More power to him and DCI for trying to help music programs but... why do it at the one place where people know that music education needs help?

Also I think it could have been planned better. They did it before the show started so people were talking, the seats were still pretty empty, and you couldnt hear the school band over Shaun.

Nobody was really getting into it, Shaun was almost begging people to stand up at the end. I think it was mostly due to what I said above plus it wasnt really a great concert setting. I think they should have done this after BD while they were getting corps lined up for retreat. Probably would have gotten a better response from the crowd.

A week or two ago, there was a thread that was concerned with the way his appearance was marketed. Basically, whether the Shaun Cannon fans would be upset if they thought they were attending "his" concert and DCI Finals broke out. Apparently that was not a big issue.

I wasn't there but saw the original video online and thought it was really cheesy, in an "Up With People" sort of way. Obviously, I'm not arguing with the message, and I wish the guy well, but perhaps a bigger name is needed to promote it.

• Like 2

Bring back the Marines!

I think the Hellcats held their own. If you want to see the marines... They will be at DCA finals!

I would agree with everyone who posted above. Great idea but again, why spread the word about saving music to those who are already aware of the problem and already support music?

• Like 1

I think the Hellcats held their own. If you want to see the marines... They will be at DCA finals!

I would agree with everyone who posted above. Great idea but again, why spread the word about saving music to those who are already aware of the problem and already support music?

are you kidding me? because then they will buy their album and think they are saving music but in reality all they really are doing is making some record companies richer.

are you kidding me? because then they will buy their album and think they are saving music but in reality all they really are doing is making some record companies richer.

He is donating 50% of his profits to music education, so I hear.