Shaun Canon Performance

I did not see the performance and cannot comment on that, but I would love to see the middle school kids back in some form in future years---sovie sales to parents with kids in tee-shirts was a great way to spend the first 4 hours of the night :thumbup: Everyone had a bag of something in their hands, and that is all money in corps hands!

• Like 2

He is donating 50% of his profits to music education, so I hear.

When you make public donations very little goes to the actual cause. Someone at the top of the chain always takes their cut. If I'm going to donate I'll do it directly to the people affected like a school district etc. I do applaud his efforts but we all know when we "donate" at safeway where a good portion of it actually goes.

• Like 1

It was self promotion but DCI would have got publicity on the back of his appearance.

Can't agree more about the sound balance. Couldn't here the inpact band at all.

I did not see the performance and cannot comment on that, but I would love to see the middle school kids back in some form in future years---souvie sales to parents with kids in tee-shirts was a great way to spend the first 4 hours of the night :thumbup: Everyone had a bag of something in their hands, and that is all money in corps hands!

Great point! I also suspect the kids, who likely were being introduced to drum corps, ran around to buy a number of t-shirts as well from corps. Does anyone know someone from a corps' souvie sales who can comment on seeing a bunch of INpact kids showing up in the souvie area?

He had absolutely wonderful intentions but unfortunately the performance was a bust .

He had absolutely wonderful intentions but unfortunately the performance was a bust .

wgi tried this once in arizona for their anniversary...entertainment was a bust also...people were leaving during it....not that the singers werent talented, but not quite known enough to the kids . As far as DCI so many people thought that they were going to bring in many of those fans to view DCI and expose it..that was never going to happen..it was a job...and a band show as far as they were concerned Im sure.

Bring back the Marines!

But a huge thanks to the Hellcats for filling in at the last minute. No surprise--most had drum corps backgrounds!!!