Troopers 2013

I've been wondering if the guard uniforms were designed specifically for the sunburst at the end of the show. They are an extension of the flags and it glows! What an amazing effect.

I agree with the others who have said this show is a finals caliber show. I couldn't be happier with Fred & Co. for putting something on the field that is true to the Troopers identity, is memorable and stands out in its uniqueness. I really believe they are going to be able to crescendo the GE with subtle additions and effects. Just the Black Btich uniform added so much. Can you image what else they could add?

• Like 4

Go to Fan Network, pull up 1979 Troopers and watch from about 11:00 to the end. I would love to see some touches to this year's show from this.

• Like 1

Go to Fan Network, pull up 1979 Troopers and watch from about 11:00 to the end. I would love to see some touches to this year's show from this.

It would be interesting if they did this and beat out Crossmen by 0.2 for 12th place...

There was a link to the brass GE judges tape from 79 prelims that is (was) really cool. Granny - do you know of a link we can post to this?

It would be interesting if they did this and beat out Crossmen by 0.2 for 12th place...

There was a link to the brass GE judges tape from 79 prelims that is (was) really cool. Granny - do you know of a link we can post to this?

I know exactly what recording you're referring to, but I'm not sure if it's ever been made public. I would love to hear it again.

Like the Uniform the guard member with the 'notorious' quasi-US flag that is not a U. S.Flag is wearing. THAT is a uniform!

& while they are at it - work in the circle of rifles tossing past the DM, just before the sunburst, as in 1979.

While I agree that this is a quality uniform, I wouldn't put down the other uniforms as less effective. I think the main reason the the black *****es uniform is so effective is because it pays tribute to the past in a modern setting. It's an amazing moment. That being said, the uniforms worn by the rest of the guard are just as effective in a different regard - they're modern while still paying a bit of tribute, and look great on the field. I think it's one thing to recognize and pay respect/tribute to the past, but it's another thing entirely to get stuck back there.

• Like 2

While I agree that this is a quality uniform, I wouldn't put down the other uniforms as less effective. I think the main reason the the black *****es uniform is so effective is because it pays tribute to the past in a modern setting. It's an amazing moment. That being said, the uniforms worn by the rest of the guard are just as effective in a different regard - they're modern while still paying a bit of tribute, and look great on the field. I think it's one thing to recognize and pay respect/tribute to the past, but it's another thing entirely to get stuck back there.

I want a drum corps activity that has 70+ corps at DCI, including 45 in World Class competing for 12 finals spots

I want DCI finals televised live coast-to-coast

I want an activity that is gaining fans

I want an activity where most corps are not clones of another - kudos to Troopers on this, at least I can identify them

I want guard work that is precise, catches that are in unison with quarters taped to rifle straps to emphasize the snap

I want an activity where I have my face pealed off by the brass, not one where a bunch of artsy-flatuancy designers try to out-weird each other - and then try to charge me $30 to see if they succeeded

Yup, I'm stuck in the past.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

Why to go Troop! Nice pulling back in front of Xmen! Now you only have Blue Stars to catch for finals!

• Like 2

Why to go Troop! Nice pulling back in front of Xmen! Now you only have Blue Stars to catch for finals!

While I'm just as happy for Troop right now, it was a very small margin and we all know that everyone within striking distance is going to be gunning for Blue Stars' current position. It's going to be all out battle!