Troopers 2013

I'm quite concerned as the Troopers seem to have stagnated with their score, and their on-field placement in Atlanta isn't going to help them one bit. Yeah, I know...anything can happen...but for now I'm concerned as the spread between the and Blue Stars seems to be too wide. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm quite concerned as the Troopers seem to have stagnated with their score, and their on-field placement in Atlanta isn't going to help them one bit. Yeah, I know...anything can happen...but for now I'm concerned as the spread between the and Blue Stars seems to be too wide. I hope I'm wrong.

It is what it is, Granny. As it stands, we are on track to place a good deal higher than last year's placement, and as we all know it's difficult to get traction in the current era of drum corps to launch into finals from outside of 14th or so place. So it's all good. I, too, was hoping for a better outcome this week. I heard there are changes being worked in, so we could be simply seeing some issues due to that.

It is what it is, Granny. As it stands, we are on track to place a good deal higher than last year's placement, and as we all know it's difficult to get traction in the current era of drum corps to launch into finals from outside of 14th or so place. So it's all good. I, too, was hoping for a better outcome this week. I heard there are changes being worked in, so we could be simply seeing some issues due to that.

The weakness is in the performance captions, which reflects show changes. GE have held up over that same period.

I could kinda tell the new stuff in the closer was new live in San Antonio, they'll be absolutely fine with a few days of rehearsal. After San Antonio I'm pretty convinced I'm auditioning next year. Just a downright awesome and inspiring show that pays tribute to their past and heritage. Doesn't get much better than that. And they're performing it so well!

• Like 2

A suggestion, simple though it be.

I have now seen the Troopers' show several times live this summer.

To me the flow of the GE show breaks twice when the fascimile of the American flag is handled with such reverence during 90 per cent of the show yet is placed on the ground at the back 50 at one point and at another is tossed from horn player to guard girl. Use a posting stand at the back 50 and close the four step interval so that the pseudo flag need not be tossed. Thus, there will be no break of character. Otherwise the viewer is forced to suspend belief of the corps' reverent esteem and mood because the designers could not transition well enough. IMHO

Edited by normy diploome

Holy cow, guys. The Legends Showdown is sooooo close. The Blue Stars were in the lead yesterday by a couple hundred bucks.

GIT 'ER DONE!

http://troopersdrumcorps.org/support/legends-showdown

I'm pulling for Troopers in finals this year - and I think they can do it too!!!! :thumbup:/>/>

Me Too.

But the internal caption judging numbers re. Show Design favor the Blue Stars or the Crossmen right now to get that coveted 12th place Finals Spot. That said, no Corps in the World Class Division has shown more placement movement improvement over last season right now than the Troopers have. They are on the right track now it appears.

Edited by BRASSO

Got done watching the Atlanta live broadcast and I don't know how many times I've said this over and over to my friends, the Troopers look so sharp, classy, and just clean........you guys really look awesome this year with your new uniforms! The old ones reminded me of the cub scout uniform I had to wear in meetings way back when I was in 4th or 5th grade lol. You'll always be a crowd favorite and make every show your own and we just can't get enough of you, your time will come Troop!