If Crown wants to win.,,,,,,,

ohbaby

Fixed.

The front to back spacing is killing them with those cream unis. They have to be spread apart further to create definition and contrast between players . Otherwise, they look like a creamy white blob.

i'll go along with this.too often it looks like they are doing the running dancing etc for the sake of doing it

• Like 2

Crown does what they do. Writing a show that's antiseptically clean on July 1st but hardly challenges the performer is not their cup of tea. That's fine for corps who want to play the game that way but it's just not how they approach things.

Vive la différence.

Awesome: so then no legit conversations regarding Crown winning DCI? They'll come close (obviously) with their talent & current design philosophies, but if they choose difficult content that is uncleanable in order to "challenge" the performer, over effective content that is also challenging but cleanable, they will likely never come closer than 2nd place I guess.

Also, your comment (and others' similar comments) imply that Blue Devils do not challenge their members. What say you, Blue Devils alumni (especially those who have won DCI): were you "hardly challenged?"

• Like 4

Awesome: so then no legit conversations regarding Crown winning DCI? They'll come close (obviously) with their talent & current design philosophies, but if they choose difficult content that is uncleanable in order to "challenge" the performer, over effective content that is also challenging but cleanable, they will likely never come closer than 2nd place I guess.

Also, your comment (and others' similar comments) imply that Blue Devils do not challenge their members. What say you, Blue Devils alumni (especially those who have won DCI): were you "hardly challenged?"

Interesting spin on my post (and nice attempt to put words in my mouth) .

I don't think Crown continually chooses "uncleanable" content.

Nor did I mention BD anywhere in my post. While their approach is very different than Crown's, I wouldn't say they even fit the "antiseptically clean on July 1st" standard.

• Like 4

Some Crown fans are so passionate about Crown winning a championship; I feeling they are cheating themselves of what Crown has accomplished

Crown should keep being Crown and eventuality theyll pop one and get a win, might be next year might be 20 years - enjoy the ride

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 4

Some Crown fans are so passionate about Crown winning a championship; I feeling they are cheating themselves of what Crown has accomplished

Crown should keep being Crown and eventuality they'll pop one and get a win, might be next year might be 20 years - enjoy the ride

Agree with all of this 100% especially the bold.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 4

Interesting spin on my post (and nice attempt to put words in my mouth) .

I don't think Crown continually chooses "uncleanable" content.

Nor did I mention BD anywhere in my post. While their approach is very different than Crown's, I wouldn't say they even fit the "antiseptically clean on July 1st" standard.

Would you mind too much, listing who WAS antiseptically clean on July 1st last season?

If Crown wants to win: All they have to do is tighten a few captions. Or, the judging community has to start rewarding marching content. Crown was awesome! They were #1 in my book.

• Like 2

My advice to crown would be 2 fold.... drum better and make your drill just little easier so it can be cleaned to the nth degree in time for finals night.

Do that and they might just take gold.

PS. Don't ask me how they do that, that would be why I'm not a corps director.

When I first read this, I read it as: "My advice to crown would be to fold" not "two-fold"!! I was like WHAT?!?!?!? Haha.

• Like 1