Carolina Crown goes West in 2013

afd

Stanford better be on their list.

Wonder if they'll do what BAC did and start the season out here with final camps.

I would be in full support of them coming out west for spring training!

I would be in full support of them coming out west for spring training!

The corps has already stated they will begin camp in their home region and head West early and stop along the way to continue their camp. A way to break up the 2,500 mile trip.

If they are going head to head from the beginning and have similar quality shows, come Allentown and Indy, the excitement will be fever pitch.

Boston competed against BD only twice while in the West this year. If BD has another 24 or so shows this year, CC might also meet up with them only a couple of times in Cali.

Boston competed against BD only twice while in the West this year. If BD has another 24 or so shows this year, CC might also meet up with them only a couple of times in Cali.

That's right. BD did very few shows early in the season, so few they were off the DCI standings for a couple weeks, which made some DCP posters ask "What happened to the Blue Devils." Personally I felt that BD competing in fewer shows and spending the time perfecting "Cabaret Voltaire" gave them the advantage over Crown who competed more in the early season but had less rehearsal time. Whether they compete each night or only a few times, a few early season match-ups will make things exciting.

P.S.: With your BAC connections, assuming CYO Nationals Tribute will be in July and East Coast Classic will be in August, do you know if they'll be in Lawrence since CYO would be impossible or do we have to wait till November when DCI posts the tour schedule?

That's right. BD did very few shows early in the season, so few they were off the DCI standings for a couple weeks, which made some DCP posters ask "What happened to the Blue Devils." Personally I felt that BD competing in fewer shows and spending the time perfecting "Cabaret Voltaire" gave them the advantage over Crown who competed more in the early season but had less rehearsal time. Whether they compete each night or only a few times, a few early season match-ups will make things exciting.

P.S.: With your BAC connections, assuming CYO Nationals Tribute will be in July and East Coast Classic will be in August, do you know if they'll be in Lawrence since CYO would be impossible or do we have to wait till November when DCI posts the tour schedule?

I'm not sure if you are asking about BD or Boston, but I'll assume it's BAC....in 2011, BAC WAS in all the New England World Class shows, including Bridgeport, CYO Nationals, and Lawrence, all of which they sponsored, and the Beanpot in Beverly which they didn't sponsor. I would assume that since they are returning to the New England move-in this year (probably some combination of New Hampshire and Quincy like they've done for years), BAC would be at these shows again....

1350564430[/url]' post='3223713']

How many head-to-head competitions Crown has against BD, will be determined partly on Crown's schedule choices. If after the Stanford and Moonlight Classic shows they do as BAC did and travel to the Northwest, they will probably see BD only a few times, as BD traditionally travels south for the series of SoCal shows. If they travel south as well, they should be going head-to-head a great deal more, both in SoCal and along the road headed back east as the Cal corps usually start their eastern trek from SoCal.

Good or bad, most of the BD brethren I know do not view SCV as a legitimate threat to them, year in and year out.

Now that I think of it, they don't seem to worry at all about anyone else. That's probably why they are like they are. That's also probably why they are like they are when someone beats them.

• Like 2