Carolina Crown goes West in 2013

afd

I know this is unscientific to the point of stupidity but...

Going West doesn't hurt your placement and might even help it. Cadets won the last time they went West (2011). Phantom did Californina in 2011 and 2012; they went from sixth in 2010 to fifth in 2011 and third in 2012. BAC moved up in 2012. Bluecoats, I think, were flat at sixth from 2008 to 2009.

Anyway ...

HH

Edited by glory
  • Like 1

Going West doesn't hurt your placement and might even help it. Cadets won the last time they went West (2011). Phantom did Californina in 2011 and 2012; they went from sixth in 2010 to fifth in 2011 and third in 2012. BAC both moved up in 2012. Bluecoats, I think, were flat at sixth from 2008 to 2009.

Anyway ...

HH

It's cuz California is a magical place! :tongue:

I'm not sure if you are asking about BD or Boston, but I'll assume it's BAC....in 2011, BAC WAS in all the New England World Class shows, including Bridgeport, CYO Nationals, and Lawrence, all of which they sponsored, and the Beanpot in Beverly which they didn't sponsor. I would assume that since they are returning to the New England move-in this year (probably some combination of New Hampshire and Quincy like they've done for years), BAC would be at these shows again....

My writing was not all that clear. I was wondering about Crown. Crown usually competes in New England in late June/early July. Since they'll be in the west this July, I was wondering if we'd see them in August.

Going West doesn't hurt your placement and might even help it. Cadets won the last time they went West (2011). Phantom did Californina in 2011 and 2012; they went from sixth in 2010 to fifth in 2011 and third in 2012. BAC moved up in 2012. Bluecoats, I think, were flat at sixth from 2008 to 2009.

Anyway ...

HH

The 2012 champion competed out west too. :smile:

• Like 1

The 2012 champion competed out west too. :smile:

So we have:

* 2012 - Blue Devils (competed out west)

* 2011 - Cadets (competed out west)

* 2010 - Blue Devils (competed out west)

* 2009 - Blue Devils (competed out west)

* 2008 - Phantom Regiment (competed out west)

Kinda interesting coincidence...

edit: originally had 2007, forgetting that EVERYONE competed out west :tongue:

Edited by perc2100

My writing was not all that clear. I was wondering about Crown. Crown usually competes in New England in late June/early July. Since they'll be in the west this July, I was wondering if we'd see them in August.

No inside info on this but Crown's final East Coast swing has been pretty regular -- Nightbeat (home show) , 2 shows in VA , and then up to Allentown for 5 days. They setup at Raub MS and commute from Allentown to WC and the TOC show. I'd guess they won't make it up to NE in 2013.

• Like 1

It will be interesting with the kickoff show in Rockford this year to see if Crown shows up.