Jersey Surf 2013

This is going to be fun to the nth degree. :thumbup:

I thought of this...... John Belushi, Dan Akroyd from " back in the day ", their take of a Soul Music classic song by Issac Hayes :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ehMrK3itM

• Like 2

How about some Tower of Power!

First, I hope that those involved with Jersey Surf who live near headquarters are able to concentrate on the show and not have to attend to other matters. The Jersey Shore took quite a beating after Hurricane Sandy.

I am old enough to remember many of the artists already suggested. I graduated high school in 1981, but to be honest, I would have been a better one to make recommendations for Phantom or perhaps SCV who performed classical music almost exclusively. The high school I attended had listening stations for LP's and cassettes and I'd often listen to Beethoven, Brahms, Wagner, Tchaikovsky,....If friends asked me what I was listening to, I'd say "the oldies." Now I'm not going to suggest "A Fifth of Beethoven" or "Night on Disco Mountain" though both could be fun though perhaps a bit overdone by but I do have a few thoughts:

Commodores: "Three Times A Lady" would make a great ballad and "Brick House" would be fun.

Earth, Wind and Fire:" Let's Groove Tonigh.t" I thought back in the day it would work and they proved they can handle EWF with "In the Stone" last summer.

KC and the Sunshine Band "That's the Way I LIke It" and Ohio Players "Fire" or "Roller Coaster" could be fun as well.

They did incorporate kazoos in last year's show which could come in handy if they do "Disco Duck."

... "Disco Duck."

...A song that should be relegated to the dung-heap of history. :devil:

• Like 1

...A song that should be relegated to the dung-heap of history. :devil:

I don't think we have to worry about"Disco Duck" being part of their repertoire.

• 1 month later...