Cavaliers 2013

I loved last years show! I hope they dont let the placement discourage them from having some courage to push things and to try new things. That program was fun, entertaining, refreshing and just plain awesome at times. a few flaws like ALL other shows have, but man.. i loved it! This one sounds great too. Cant wait!

• Like 1

Well, I was about to ask: is this the first drum corps use of Star Trek music since Blue Knights 1993? A quick look at CorpsReps shows that notion is in error. Two corps even performed Trek music this year -- and one of them, 7th Regiment, played this very piece. I don't remember it at all, though I saw Open Class finals. A quick listen to a soundtrack excerpt on youtube suggests it's a dull piece, but I expect that Cavs can make something interesting from it.

I don't know what you listened to, but it's not dull (at least not in my opinion).

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qu0QO1za64E

Especially with a world-class corps playing it (nothing on 7th Reg., they did a good job for their size), I think it should make for an exciting production on the field. I've honestly been wanting a group like the Cavies to play this for a while. I'm looking forward to seeing how this show turns out. The Cavaliers are always good for a unique production, wherever they end up placing.

Next up on my wishlist is LOTR music (please Crown?).

• Like 1

So... I am really liking this one!!! :thumbup:

That recording is by the college I'm going to. :thumbup: (My old high school band director is playing xylo in it).

I think there is less of a possibility of this music being disjointed or not interesting, merely because they don't have a bajillion selections like last year, these are three great pieces, especially Ballet Sacra. It's fast, loud, and fun, what more can you ask for in drum corps? :tongue:

I won't be the first to say it though, I never would have thought the Cavies would play it, I'm very interested to hear the theme behind this show, I think I'm gonna like it!

Via Facebook:

"We're finishing up a GREAT 2-day design team meeting here in Rosemont -- The Cavaliers' 2013 repertoire will include the following:

- Drum Music/Concerto for Percussion by John Mackey

As a fan of the Bluecoats, I'm familiar with the outstanding work that John Mackey has done. Drum Corps is fortunate to have such a willing artist to work with and be an advocate of the activity. Not to mention some pretty incredible work this man has done so far in a relatively short period of time. We won't experience any licensing/synch issues with Mr. Mackey. Good for the Cavaliers. I look forward to their production in 2013!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1

Next up on my wishlist is LOTR music (please Crown?).

Yeah, de Meij! (You don't mean the, um, dull Shore score, right?) :tongue:

Yeah, de Meij! (You don't mean the, um, dull Shore score, right?) :tongue:

I did mean Shore's score tongue.gif

Actually, I've seen Symphony No. 1 on the field before. A high school in my circuit (El Segundo, I believe) used it as their show my junior year.

And while we're at it, we need more of Hans Zimmer's dull music on the field.

• Like 1

Via Facebook:

"We're finishing up a GREAT 2-day design team meeting here in Rosemont -- The Cavaliers' 2013 repertoire will include the following:

- Drum Music/Concerto for Percussion by John Mackey

- Enterprising Young Men by Michael Giacchino

- Ballet Sacra by David Holsinger

Looking forward to sharing more about our 2013 production with the CAVALIER NATION -- Stay tuned!"

Enterprising Young Men is going to be great. Check it out:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Qu0QO1za64E

Here's Ballet Sacra - terrific too!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1