The 990's

Well done G. Any other D&BC projects considered?

No, none other than winning the lottery and initiating a hostile takeover by dangling $50-million in front of the BOD. :tongue:/>/>/>

I appreciate the kudos, really I do, but I was more hoping the exercise would begin some serious discussion about the financial situation and security of the activity.

My intent, if interest continues and after a period of time for discussion of the spreadsheet, is to continue down the list of corps.

Mostly, I'm hoping to find corps that aren't so compelled to try to compete, financially, with the strongest powerhouses in the activity. Corps that spend less than they take in and consistently build a "Margin of Safety" to help assure their own futures. It seems that several in this first group are, in fact, living hand to mouth each year, spending every penny - and more - in an attempt to compete at the highest levels.

Now that the summation is done I'm hopeful that more DCP'ers will join that discussion.

In the mean time I'll start to organize the batch of data for corps 12 to 17. Then I'll update the spreadsheet and we'll see what it says.

Thanks to those who have paid compliments. But the greatest compliment will be the discussion that DCP was designed for.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

Hey, understanding that your time is money, I'd still like to ask "why stop at 17?"

Edited by troopers1

Hey, understanding that your time is money, I'd still like to ask "why stop at 17?"

With fewer marching members, in most cases, and possibly less overhead, some of these corps might have a decent cushion. But, just one follower of this thread who is not really interested in the next group, but it should be G's call since he's putting in the sweat equity.

It appears Spirit of Atlanta is formally known as "Friends of Spirit". Guidestar is indeed behind and/or out of sync, but the State of Georgia has barebones information about their corporations freely available on their website (no 990s of course):

Friends of Spirit, Inc Corporate Information

Friends of Spirit Historical Filings

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

I'd be interested in Crossmen's financials since they have been free of YEA! completely starting in 2008. And knowing the work Fred has done to bring new sponsors and ideas to fundraising into drum corps. See if there is a major benefit.

• Like 1

Reminder: if you're new to this thread, please take a moment to rate it by clicking on the stars at the top of each page.

Bump so this doesn't get lost....

The Summary file is done. Click on the Dropbox link below and download the Excel file.

CorpsFinancialAnalysis_v1

You might consider right-clicking on the link and opening it in a new tab (Windows users).

Note: The Summary spreadsheet Totals and Averages do not include DCI even though DCI's numbers are shown.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

"And now, please welcome to the field, from Toledo, Ohio, the Glassmen!"

Gross Receipts

2009: $1.049,878

2010: $1,026,066

2011: $1,334,137

Personal Observation: The following data will prove how misleading "Gross Receipts" can be in indicating the health of a corps.