Will The G7 Split From DCI?

To actively hope for the demise of these two organizations is a little extreme, don't ya' think?

No matter how I feel about their decisions, I think of the number of kids who wouldn't have the chance to participate should your wish come true.

:thumbdown:/>/>

I get your point and its a valid one about not wanting a Corps to go out of existence.

Now... having said this... you do realize that 2 of these Corps directors were calling for the death of an entire Class of Corps...multiple Corps.. in one full swoop. You are aware of this ?

• Like 1

So just to recap, the title of this thread "will the G7 split" is now answered in the affirmative. We have official confirmation that in 2013

- the G7 will run a series of 7 shows

- these shows are not DCI-sanctioned

- all the money goes to the G7. Everyone else in the DCI ecosystem (DCI, other corps, TEPs) is cut out.

- participation has nothing to do with DCI competitive results, as 7th place Boston was not included.

But they will still perform in DCI shows, regionals & championships.

Did I get any of that wrong?

1. DCI is listing the new series. Does that mean DCI will provide the judging?

2. The shows are listed in the DCI schedule so it appears they're sanctioned.

3. There's no documentation about how these shows will be run financially.

4. Was Boston asked and declined or were they just not asked? Not sure I've seen anything (official or otherwise) about this.

Just keeping it real. Whole lot of "assumptions" going on here that may or may not be entirely accurate.

All we "know" is that the TOC series has been replaced by the (unnamed) series and that 7 corps are schedule to perform at each of these shows.

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

I get your point and its a valid one about not wanting a Corps to go out of existence.

Now... having said this... you do realize that 2 of these Corps directors were calling for the death of an entire Class of Corps...multiple Corps.. in one full swoop. You are aware of this ?

Of course I'm aware, Brasso, but semantics are important here. Technically, all 7 directors were calling for the others to be cast out on their own, not for their death (despite our agreed presumption that one likely begets the other). In this poster's case, he stated that it would be good if 5 of the seven renegged on an agreement and left the two to die on their own.

Those two scenarios are not the same desire, IMO.

1. DCI is listing the new series. Does that mean DCI will provide the judging?

2. The shows are listed in the DCI schedule so it appears they're sanctioned.

3. There's no documentation about how these shows will be run financially.

4. Was Boston asked and declined or were they just not asked? Not sure I've seen anything (official or otherwise) about this.

Just keeping it real. Whole lot of "assumptions" going on here that may or may not be entirely accurate.

All we "know" is that the TOC series has been replaced by the (unnamed) series and that 7 corps are schedule to perform at each of these shows.

We know more than that. The TOC has in fact, been replaced by the "Music in Motion" series, including only the original G7 corps based on their premise that the rest of the activity is dragging them down. Boston was NOT invited to particpate. This is not a secret. My hunch is that they will perform in DCI this one last summer before completely striking out on their own...as they have said this in the emails which were posted then removed here on dcp, so I do not understand all the denials by some folks here on DCP.

• Like 3

Of course I'm aware, Brasso, but semantics are important here. Technically, all 7 directors were calling for the others to be cast out on their own, not for their death (despite our agreed presumption that one likely begets the other). In this poster's case, he stated that it would be good if 5 of the seven renegged on an agreement and left the two to die on their own.

Those two scenarios are not the same desire, IMO.

And we all know which two corps directors started this ####. They should be the first to go.

• Like 4

We know more than that. The TOC has in fact, been replaced by the "Music in Motion" series, including only the original G7 corps based on their premise that the rest of the activity is dragging them down. Boston was NOT invited to particpate. This is not a secret. My hunch is that they will perform in DCI this one last summer before completely striking out on their own...as they have said this in the emails which were posted then removed here on dcp, so I do not understand all the denials by some folks here on DCP.

Is it " Mendacity in Motion "... or " Music in Motion ".

I sort of think the former has a more realistic quality to it, don't you think ?

• Like 1

No denials on my part.

Your post is the first i've seen that gave any sort of answer on the boston question. Do you have a source for that assertion?

Absolutely nothing new in the rest of your post except the "hunch" that the G7 may walk next season. Again -- speculation.

My point is simply to separate what's fact and what's less than fact.

I read the emails too. I have my speculations about what they mean. But I'm not going to try represent my opinions as fact -- especially on a public forum.

• Like 1

As to the emails...there is no way to know if they were real emails or fabricated just to add fuel to the fire here on DCP.

• Like 1

As to the emails...there is no way to know if they were real emails or fabricated just to add fuel to the fire here on DCP.

So you do know the name of the second gunman in the Kennedy assassination. :tongue: