If you had the ability to change one rule in DCI

As much as I love use of the pit, it opened a can of worms with all the electrical crap.

NO ELECTRICAL

• Like 1

Hunted down. There's a phrase we don't see much in drum corps. I'm all for it!

HH

I'm from West Virginia. Around here, that's just how we take care of problems like that. devil.gif

Hey, this is a family website, and I was trying to be polite. I used the phrase "identify and ban" instead of what I was really thinking. cool.gif

Edited by wvu80

It's just a little gripe if mine and I know many would disagree, but...... Stop allowing corps to close the doors on females. I know it's tradition, but it's one that needs to go away. I love cavies and Madison shows, but it seems unfair as an organization.

Good one. I'd like to add that I'm "offended." I'm weeping bitter tears. I need more time on my test, I'm a slow reader. It's not fair.

It's just a little gripe if mine and I know many would disagree, but...... Stop allowing corps to close the doors on females. I know it's tradition, but it's one that needs to go away. I love cavies and Madison shows, but it seems unfair as an organization.

Kind of like men not being allowed on the Olympics Women's Beach Volleyball team?

• Like 4

Kind of like men not being allowed on the Olympics Women's Beach Volleyball team?

No, I think it's a cultural phenomenon. You declare you've been wronged, then you have the moral upper hand. I think it's reinforced in the schools nowadays. You throw out the "I'm offended" card, and you automatically win the argument. People will feel sorry for you when you say you got your feelings hurt. It's all the rage at college campuses. People turn each other in for these offenses. Not unlike what happened under Stalin, but I doubt they teach that anymore.

No synth enhancements. I live for the sound of pure brass lines.

--SiletzSpey

I don't mind synth when they use it for piano parts or other effects (not voices or speaking parts). It's when the synth doubles the tuba/bass part that really irks me. Synth makes brass lines sound better and more full than they actually are. It's like cheating.

Let the corps who actually have full and pure sounds thrive. They deserve the credit. All the corps who depend on synth for brass volume and depth... I'm sorry.

I'm from West Virginia. Around here, that's just how we take care of problems like that. devil.gif

Hey, this is a family website, and I was trying to be polite. I used the phrase "identify and ban" instead of what I was really thinking. cool.gif

Y'all can run but y'all can't hide.... :devil:

Got relatives in Huntington area..... few years back (and 450 miles away) my wife had an MRI and the young lady (YL) had an accent that just sounded too familiar. Conversation went:

Me: "Do you mind me asking where you're from?"

YL: "Orginially from West Virginia"

Me: "Yes but what part?"

YL: <town name I did not recognize>... "45 minutes from Huntington"

Me: "BINGO!"

okay I'm joking, but in all seriousness, as an animal lover I would probably have a rule where one live animal should be incorporated into every show. The largest and most exotic animal gets its own caption award.

and if the animal plays an an instrument or marches the drill , well that's like catching the golden snitch. game over.

And in 1st place, because of the incredible tuba solo by Darryl the Donkey... :tongue:

Or if we really want to annoy the purist

nd in 1st place, because of the incredible amped electric violin solo by Darryl the Donkey